Any chance of Himem?

Guest mikedm

Guest mikedm

Is there any chance that a himem version of this ROM will be available? I'm not interested in the Desire port but I do miss the extra RAM I used to get from the himem version of the rom.

Cheers

Mike

Sorry - I meant to post this on the Modaco stock r21 topic.!

Edited by mikedm

Guest mikedm
I thought stock unmodded FroYo had himem support from Google, for devices with > 256MB RAM?

I don't know, but I seem to have a lot less free memory available with FRF91 - around 30Mb vs around 80mb before. Maybe it's just that I've installed a lot more apps now.

I don't know, but I seem to have a lot less free memory available with FRF91 - around 30Mb vs around 80mb before. Maybe it's just that I've installed a lot more apps now.

gee I wonder :(

I wonder why the heck they called it Himem! lol just too close to himen you know? creepy...

hi - high

mem - memory

I remember the same acronym used back in the DOS days to enable more than 640KB of RAM lol....

"what's DOS?"

well I just dated myself huh!

Guest death1246
hi - high

mem - memory

I remember the same acronym used back in the DOS days to enable more than 640KB of RAM lol....

"what's DOS?"

C:/DOS

C:/DOS/RUN

RUN/DOS/RUN!

Edited by death1246

Guest ranblv
C:/DOS

C:/DOS/RUN

RUN/DOS/RUN!

IIRC himem was not a program, it was a setting in config.sys to specify allocation of memory, here later we got qemm who did it automatically.

Guest justbabu
hi - high

mem - memory

"what's DOS?"

Wow, that brings back memories of Quarterdeck and QEMM!