I8000 Roms by Del1701

Guest Del1701

Guest Terry666

Thanks guys for the prompt answers, :D I know that most of the time is as you both said but the reason asking :D is as I've d/l Lancez CSC, looks to me a bit limited as have only the XEH codes.

I'm living in Australia and my VODAFONE SIM set itself when I use EUR and when I had tried to use some other CSC at the BEST I had to set it manually with not 100% success... :)

Thanks again

Guest Del1701
Thanks guys for the prompt answers, :D I know that most of the time is as you both said but the reason asking :D is as I've d/l Lancez CSC, looks to me a bit limited as have only the XEH codes.

I'm living in Australia and my VODAFONE SIM set itself when I use EUR and when I had tried to use some other CSC at the BEST I had to set it manually with not 100% success... :)

Thanks again

Why not flash it with with a csc that you like ? Usualy I flash with a UK JA5 csc unless I'm using a specific rom ie, the Hongkong JC2 :P

Guest Namar
Why not flash it with with a csc that you like ? Usualy I flash with a UK JA5 csc unless I'm using a specific rom ie, the Hongkong JC2 :)

That's right Del1701. In most cases one can use the CSC that one prefers. I am currently using the JG5 rom which Lancez provided but I flashed with the JG4 CSC (ProJG4 csc) which I prefer over the JG5 csc.

Guest Terry666
Why not flash it with with a csc that you like ? Usualy I flash with a UK JA5 csc unless I'm using a specific rom ie, the Hongkong JC2 :D

I'm almost do that to all my flashes as I find my old EURJE1 (197MB :D ) to working fine... My question was most academic as I'm FLASHOCHOLIC :P and looking for NEW stuff always... :)

Guest mig_30

i asked about the language because in portugal the csc usualy is XEU and the one mentioned is XEH, i flashed my device and in octans selected portuguese but when the device booted it was in english, then i went to settings and changed the language but the device rolled back to the previous rom that supported portuguese.

Has this appened to anyone else or i did something wrong, or its best to use other csc instead of the one that you have mentioned?

thanks in advance

Guest Del1701

If you changed the language in the samsung settings then it has rolled back to your previous official rom which is strored in a hidden partition on the internal storage, try reflashing my rom with your csc and see if you get the language that you want.

Like I said earlier I haven't taken anything out of the rom it's only been LZX compressed and 15 MB pagepool however when I dumped the rom my phone was set to english.

Give it a go and let us know what happens :D

Guest mig_30
Cool :D

i have flashed my device 3 times with diferent csc's and the result is the same when i change the language to portuguese the device roles back to the previous rom that supported the portuguese language.

if is possible to make a portuguese rom i would be gratfull if not ill keep waiting.

even so its a great rom.

thanks

Guest Lancez

the language on custom ROMs depend on which language did you have when you dump it. once its dumped there is no way to change it. it might support PT but u cant have the whole OS in PT.

Guest Del1701
i have flashed my device 3 times with diferent csc's and the result is the same when i change the language to portuguese the device roles back to the previous rom that supported the portuguese language.

if is possible to make a portuguese rom i would be gratfull if not ill keep waiting.

even so its a great rom.

thanks

Lancez is spot on in what he is saying, ie, I dumped the rom in english so the os will be english however from what you are saying your changing the language in samsung settings which will roll back to your previous rom.

What you want to do is change the regional settings then you will have partial portuguese but not full I'm affraid.

Hope this helps.

Guest almarton

Hi, Del!

Nice job. I am a newbie so my lame question: Can I update any ROM into my GT-i8000L ? Lets say, what do I loose if I flash a GT-i8000J ?

I don't understand yet what is CSC, eboot etc... is there a post/area in here that explains it for dummies.

Many thanks.

Guest Del1701
Hi, Del!

Nice job. I am a newbie so my lame question: Can I update any ROM into my GT-i8000L ? Lets say, what do I loose if I flash a GT-i8000J ?

I don't understand yet what is CSC, eboot etc... is there a post/area in here that explains it for dummies.

Many thanks.

Hi almarton, have a look HERE for a guide to flashing, to be honest I'm not to sure about the differences between a i8000L and a i8000J.

What I can tell you is that my rom's are all english so if you flash with a csc from your own operator then the OS will be english but you may have some support in your own language.

Which rom are you thinking of using ?

Guest Yuranel
New JE3 uploaded on first post, enjoy :huh:

I liked this ROM, everything running as expected, except brightness setting.

I can slide the button, but there are no changes in the screen.

Guest Del1701
I liked this ROM, everything running as expected, except brightness setting.

I can slide the button, but there are no changes in the screen.

I cooked the rom so that the backlight is always on so that you get a bright lockscreen, this affects the brightness levels.

Edited by Del1701