My Streak is malfunctioning!

Guest GreyJedi

Guest GreyJedi

My Streak has started going doo-lally this afternoon. It was fine earlier today, but now I cannot use it. After it powers up, the pass-swipe screen flashes on for a second, then off, then on again ad-nauseum. The touchscreen and buttons are not working. I have tried taking the battery, SIM and SD card out and putting them in again, connecting the charger and USB, but this is not helping.

When connected to USB, I can still access the folders on the SD card. 0__o. When the home screen flashes on, it is saying there is no SIM in there, if any of this info is helpful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: The Back, Menu and Home buttons sometimes flash for a bit, then the thing restarts itself again. I'm leaving it on to drain the battery to see if thay has any effect at all.

EDIT 2: Draining the battery did not help.

Edited by GreyJedi

Guest Eric.Druse
My Streak has started going doo-lally this afternoon. It was fine earlier today, but now I cannot use it. After it powers up, the pass-swipe screen flashes on for a second, then off, then on again ad-nauseum. The touchscreen and buttons are not working. I have tried taking the battery, SIM and SD card out and putting them in again, connecting the charger and USB, but this is not helping.

When connected to USB, I can still access the folders on the SD card. 0__o. When the home screen flashes on, it is saying there is no SIM in there, if any of this info is helpful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: The Back, Menu and Home buttons sometimes flash for a bit, then the thing restarts itself again. I'm leaving it on to drain the battery to see if thay has any effect at all.

EDIT 2: Draining the battery did not help.

Did you root it yet? If you do, does the root file match your build number? I rooted the 6267 and the back, menu and home key flashes when I power it on. I downgrade it to 4399 again. For your information.

Edited by Eric.Druse

Guest GreyJedi

No, haven't rooted it yet (am a complete n00b when it comes to Android), but have had it sent off today to get fixed. In the meantime I've got a Nokia N1110 :(

Thanks anyway :(

Guest spences10

You could try a factory reset

1. Turn off the handset

2. Turn on the handset holding vol up + vol down + power button together

3. Select the option for factory reset

4. Press ther camera button to action

This will wipe all your user data and apps tho 0_o

Guest Eric.Druse
You could try a factory reset

1. Turn off the handset

2. Turn on the handset holding vol up + vol down + power button together