Froyo on orange phone already done...not unlocked...oops

Guest checkerman

Guest checkerman

Ok, Think i should have researched a bit more before i put froyo on my orange phone. Now i cannot access the internet as i have no gprs connection but gps, wireless, and bluetooth all work fine. Now i didnt get my phone unlocked before i put 2.2 on it. So i guess the next question is what should i do to get the latest radio on the phone for gprs/3g to work. Do I need to go back to original rom? Im not sure i backed up properly.....hmmm...

Thanks

Checkerman

Guest bigdan35
Ok, Think i should have researched a bit more before i put froyo on my orange phone. Now i cannot access the internet as i have no gprs connection but gps, wireless, and bluetooth all work fine. Now i didnt get my phone unlocked before i put 2.2 on it. So i guess the next question is what should i do to get the latest radio on the phone for gprs/3g to work. Do I need to go back to original rom? Im not sure i backed up properly.....hmmm...

Thanks

Checkerman

Did you do a Nandroid backup via ROM Manager or something along those lines? Because you could just revert back to that. I think the best thing for you to do would be to go back to 2.1, and if you want to put Froyo back on your phone, unlock it first with a reputable dealer and then reflash the ROM and Radio.

I'm not too sure whether you can get an unlock code for it now..

Dan

Guest tinyk

I would think its done what it does to me on.the r5 and r6 roms and delete the apn settings. Lot of hassle changing roms just go to the orange setup site and get the settings for your phone and it tells you how to put them in manually. good idea to get apn backup from the market and backup the lot just once.

Edited by tinyk

Guest checkerman

Phone had the orange apn settings in it, but i recreated them as suggested by going to the orange website. It seemed to have the same settings but now its working.

Thank you for your help

Guest Mickster

Checkerman,

Can I confirm that you didn't unlock - you just put a new rom on and deleted then recreated the APN settings?

Did you goldcard?