Help needed finding the APN info in RUU_Bravo_hTC_Asia_WWE_1.19.707.7_Radio_32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2_release_126179_signed

Guest Sidewindr

Guest Sidewindr

I've pulled RUU_Bravo_hTC_Asia_WWE_1.19.707.7_Radio_32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2_release_126179

signed apart completely and I still cannot find where the APN definitions are in this ROM. The reason I wish to do this is to get the proper Thai carrier settings for all carriers and this ROM is the only one with the COMPLETE settings, I reverted back to this ROM and managed to copy by hand one carrier but I still cannot see in the ROM where the default APN setups come from .. the apns-conf.xml in /system/etc is basically empty.

Can any of you guys with a lot more experience with these ROMs than I have please point me in the direction of where this information is contained in the rom, I did have a sneaking suspicion that it may be something retreived from the Internet as the /system/etc/apns-conf.xml contains a basic Internet APN only..

Any clues?? :(

Guest Sidewindr

I finally found it .. it seems that the framework-res.apk contains an apns.xml with all the details in it. It would appear that the old /system/etc/apns-conf.xml is depreciated in favour of res/xml/apns.xml in the framework-res.apk file ..

I have attached the Asian WWE apns.xml definition file for everyone in this region .. :(

apns.rar

Guest lenik
res/xml/apns.xml in the framework-res.apk file

the res/xml/apns.xml contains binary data, despite .xml extension, please, tell how did you manage to convert it to real .xml ?