Can't install apk files via ASTRO on captivate!

Guest rayman121985

Guest rayman121985

I have an ATT Captivate Galaxy S...when using Astro to install my APK files...it tells me its not from the market and to protect me blah blah blah...is there a workaround option to force it to install? I heard ATT removed that option :/

Guest ZAnwar
I have an ATT Captivate Galaxy S...when using Astro to install my APK files...it tells me its not from the market and to protect me blah blah blah...is there a workaround option to force it to install? I heard ATT removed that option :/

Go to Settings, then Applications, then check the box for 'Unknown Sources'.

Guest acjames

You will need a side loading app or you will have to install through ADB. Att disabled the ability to install from unknown sources on the Captivate.

Android Central has a side loading app...

http://www.androidcentral.com/sideload-and...-wonder-machine

Guest rayman121985

I believe ATT as removed that option on the captivate...I don't see the unknown sources anymore...

however...

I found an easier way that doesn't require rooting or anything...just turn on usb bugging and go town...

Sideloader

Hope this helps!