help - R6 is eating my data

Guest kevinof

Guest kevinof

I need help. Have R6 installed and something is sending tons of data from my phone to somewhere. I rebooted last night to make sure nothing was running, auto sync is off. imap fetch is on (every 15 minutes). Yesterday over 190MB was sent and last night in a test I see that 15MB was sent. Only 7 email were received so I don't think its the imap connection.

any ideas? At this rate I am going to blow through my 1GB allowance really quickly.

Edited by kevinof

Guest FatherD
I need help. Have R6 installed and something is sending tons of data from my phone to somewhere. I rebooted last night to make sure nothing was running, auto sync is off. imap fetch is on (every 15 minutes). Yesterday over 190MB was sent and last night in a test I see that 15MB was sent. Only 7 email were received so I don't think its the imap connection.

any ideas? At this rate I am going to blow through my 1GB allowance really quickly.

Have you checked in the settings>accounts&sync ... see if you have 'background data' enabled, this will let things like weather, mail, location etc update on their own at any time!, got to say tho; I am on a 1gb allowance, have this setting enabled and certainly don't get anything like that level of usage while doing nothing!

Sorry - misread your post .. I see you have checked already :(

Edited by FatherD