HD video recording in Froyo?

Guest Asselberghs

Guest Asselberghs

Hi:)

Last night I updated to Android 2.2 Froyo from 2.1 Eclair on my HTC Desire.

Everything seems to be working fine:) I heard that HD video would be a possibility in Froyo, but now I find that theres a mod from XDA-Developers.com that will let you record in 720p HD but only on Android 2.1 and no news as of when this mod for Cyanogenmod which is the Froyo rom I use, will reach Froyo.

Will MoDaCo announce or put up guides to do this when it´s possible in Froyo? or where should I look for updates on this?

From what I found it seemed it was a third party so I guess I can´t just look for it over at cyanogenmod.com?

That would be so cool to use the cellphone as an HD video recorder:D

Hope you know of some tricks to do this:)

Kind Regards

Asselberghs

Guest le_lutin

Everything seems to be working fine:) I heard that HD video would be a possibility in Froyo, but now I find that theres a mod from XDA-Developers.com that will let you record in 720p HD but only on Android 2.1 and no news as of when this mod for Cyanogenmod which is the Froyo rom I use, will reach Froyo.

Will MoDaCo announce or put up guides to do this when it´s possible in Froyo? or where should I look for updates on this?

From what I found it seemed it was a third party so I guess I can´t just look for it over at cyanogenmod.com?

Kind Regards

Asselberghs

Which Froyo did you update to? Most of us here are using the Modaco Custom ROM which includes HD video.

Guest corsin

Kind Regards

Asselberghs

make sure you have updated the radio image! should be XXX_5.09.00.08

Guest Asselberghs
Which Froyo did you update to? Most of us here are using the Modaco Custom ROM which includes HD video.

I used the 6.0.0 RC1

Guest Asselberghs
720p recording is only currently available in the Sense 2.2 rom's MCR6 etc.

Cyanogenmod is a AOSP rom and they don't have that.

Bummer I used Cyanogen because I wanted it to be stock Android and avoid HTC Sense, can´t the 720p HD video "feature" be ported someway? or is it something "baked" into the rom from Kitchen?

Guest klutsh
Bummer I used Cyanogen because I wanted it to be stock Android and avoid HTC Sense, can´t the 720p HD video "feature" be ported someway? or is it something "baked" into the rom from Kitchen?

For now it's part of the HTC Camera app & framework files, it will eventually be ported (Think it needs the 2.2 HTC Kernel source first though)

Guest giorgisp

Kind Regards

Asselberghs

What I did is to flash this custom 2.2 rom and using the online kitchen I removed HTC lockscreen and sense. It also had 720p video recording in the camera settings.

Guest Asselberghs

It says there that i have to be rooted obviously i am and be able to launch costum recovery image is the clockwork mod recovery image good enough? Pauls link seem not to go anywhere so i cant check?