Froyo apps to Sd or A2SD+

Guest 325i

I am now running the froyo ROM with A2SD+. As all my apps have installed via A2SD+, shall i keep it how it is or shall i move the apps to SD via the built in menu?

I want to use the method thats the quickest and used the least amount of internal phone memory.

thanks

Guest Need_A_Username

I just use both :(

I have A2SD+ enabled and I have an EXT3 partition, but when my apps are installed, I also force them to the sd card using the froyo method and it works so far :(

Guest Dr_Ash

I have used the froyo native apps to SD and A2SD+ and I find A2SD+ is HEAPS better and saves a bunch more internal memory than native alone. I've never tried mixing the two but I don't think this would offer any advantage over using A2SD alone, as apps are already installed onto the SD, so why move them to another part of the SD card? Doesn't make any sense.....

Guest Paulo Nobrega
I have used the froyo native apps to SD and A2SD+ and I find A2SD+ is HEAPS better and saves a bunch more internal memory than native alone. I've never tried mixing the two but I don't think this would offer any advantage over using A2SD alone, as apps are already installed onto the SD, so why move them to another part of the SD card? Doesn't make any sense.....

i also use both... with A2sd+ u just dont have to bother cause he just installs into SD card... I had an issue yesterday with some apps... Im using market acess to have acess to paid apps... it has an option to force install in SD card wich is great...

the issue was that some apps, their widgets, stoped working after reboot.. I couldnt even add them again to the "desktop". So i realized it was from them beeing installed on SD card... Just went to froyo native and moved them to memory... Easy and working good :(

Guest Quist09
i also use both... with A2sd+ u just dont have to bother cause he just installs into SD card... I had an issue yesterday with some apps... Im using market acess to have acess to paid apps... it has an option to force install in SD card wich is great...

the issue was that some apps, their widgets, stoped working after reboot.. I couldnt even add them again to the "desktop". So i realized it was from them beeing installed on SD card... Just went to froyo native and moved them to memory... Easy and working good :(

If you have A2SD+ installed on top of Froyo A2SD, everything forced to install to the SD is done so with Froyo A2SD not old school A2SD+. That means the problems you encountered were due to native Froyo and switching to "memory" actually moved them to your EXT partition, solving the issue by using old school A2SD+, ergo you would have avoided the problem altogether by just using old school, which from Froyo appears as "memory" if your rooted and have A2SD+ installed. No need to use Froyo A2SD by forcing install to SD, old school A2SD+ does this for you automatically (and in a more reliable way - the symptoms you describe are typical of native Froyo A2SD which generally sucks).

Guest Paulo Nobrega

mine is rooted with R6...

Are u telling me that Market Acess option, where it's choosen to install apps to SD maybe have caused the problem??? I selected the option cause i was seeing my memory space decreasing while i installed apps...

With previous R5 i never could see the option, on Manage Apps, to move app between SD or Memory, but now I see it..

But now i see the point... With A2SD+ the SD card, the ext partition, IS the Memory (for the OS)... Hum.... I just got myself confused... LOOOOL

Guest Paulo Nobrega

With quick system info i see this..

I started seeing Internal Storage descreasing.... How can i know for sure A2SD+ is working???

If the ext partition on the SD card should be the "memory" for Froyo, how is it possible that Internal Storage keeps decreasing?

:(

post-593279-1280544855_thumb.jpg

Guest bcmobile

Do a

ls -l /system

From either adb shell or a local terminal.

Output should show that /system/app is linked to your ext partition on your SD card

Guest dunebug

From what I've read, even if A2SD+ is working properly, you will still see intermal memory decreasing (slowly) sue to the fact some apps install some data files to the DATA directory in internal memory.. no way around that as far as I know.. but it reduces slowly.. I have about 180 apps installed and my phone memory is still not full (but close to it.. about 25MB's free). Works well enough..

Also if u wanna see how your memory is used get 'Quick System Info' from the market (free). It details memory usage..

EDIT: Oops.. looks like you already knew about Quick System Info..

Cheers!

With quick system info i see this..

I started seeing Internal Storage descreasing.... How can i know for sure A2SD+ is working???

If the ext partition on the SD card should be the "memory" for Froyo, how is it possible that Internal Storage keeps decreasing?

:)

Edited by dunebug

Guest scared
Found this method,so you can install apps permanently to sdcard:

Froyo Apps to sdcard by default

Problem with that approach is that you would still have to install any widgets to the Internal Storage. With Legacy A2SD+, that is not a problem as everything gets directed to the EXT Partition on the SD Card saving you tonnes of space in the Internal memory.

Guest hazi1964

Hi there, been reading through this thread and decided to try the app Quick System Info. Very good indeed.

However, I have noticed, on the screenshot in the post a couple above mine, the system storage available shows 54mb odd, on mine, it says 7.14mb available. Umm, is this bad? Is there anything I can do?

Oh, I am rooted, using this rom here http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...upport-802-11n/

I have around 30 apps on my phone that I have got from the Market. Partitioned sd to ext3 so not sure what that reading means, the rest of the readings, ie sd card available space and phone storage space are as they should be but the system storage, well, why would that be so low? Is it likely to cause me issues?

Thanks in advance and apologies for jumping on this thread, I just didn't see the point starting a new one when you have been discussing this here. Hope that's ok.

Alison

Guest hazi1964
Please read through this post to find the answer to my questions regarding A2SD+ on Froyo.

Was this in reply to my question? If so, I understand about apps2sd, its the system storage availability I Was asking about.

Guest hazi1964
Found this method,so you can install apps permanently to sdcard:

Froyo Apps to sdcard by default

Just clicked on your link, took me to one very dodgy site and I had to use task manager to get out of it, windows pop up time after time asking for authorisation to load content, couldn't actually view the page due to so many pop up windows.

Guest scared
Was this in reply to my question? If so, I understand about apps2sd, its the system storage availability I Was asking about.

Nope, it wasn't in reply to your question. It was, in fact, an answer to my own question, which I had raised a few posts back

As for your question, have you checked if you have A2SD+ installed in the first place? Just partitioning your SD Card to have an EXT Partition is probably not enough. Check this link to find the steps to find whether you have A2SD+ installed or not.

Thanks.

Guest hazi1964
Nope, it wasn't in reply to your question. It was, in fact, an answer to my own question, which I had raised a few posts back

As for your question, have you checked if you have A2SD+ installed in the first place? Just partitioning your SD Card to have an EXT Partition is probably not enough. Check this link to find the steps to find whether you have A2SD+ installed or not.

Thanks.

Yes, I do have apps2sd, it's all working fine. I followed instructions to partition my sd card from somebody on here. :-)