Calendar Stupidity

Guest Brantyr

Guest Brantyr

When I create a calendar event on my phone it defaults to 'My Calendar' instead of the google calendar and doesn't sync with google calendar at all. Is anyone else having the same problem and have you found a fix which doesn't involve replacing the calendar app with the google version (i'm fine with doing this myself but my brother also has this phone and will be running it mostly stock).

XDA thread on replacing the calendar is here if you want to do this fix yourself.

Edit: And yes I know you can change which calendar the event is for when you create it, but this is quite annoying and shouldn't be necessary.

Edited by Brantyr

Guest DistortedLoop
When I create a calendar event on my phone it defaults to 'My Calendar' instead of the google calendar and doesn't sync with google calendar at all. Is anyone else having the same problem and have you found a fix which doesn't involve replacing the calendar app with the google version (i'm fine with doing this myself but my brother also has this phone and will be running it mostly stock).

XDA thread on replacing the calendar is here if you want to do this fix yourself.

Edit: And yes I know you can change which calendar the event is for when you create it, but this is quite annoying and shouldn't be necessary.

I noticed the same thing, but always just selected the correct calendar. I was used to that behavior anyways, though, because that's how you have to do it on the iPhones I've had the last few years.

Thanks for the link to replacing it. Since I'm 100% Google for my calendars now I'll do the fix on my phone.

Guest Kilack

Yeah I noticed that link too and its annoying you cant set the default calendar to add things to.

Can someone remind me the differences between stock android calendar and samsung one?

Guest Andrew Luecke
Yeah I noticed that link too and its annoying you cant set the default calendar to add things to.

Can someone remind me the differences between stock android calendar and samsung one?

Yeah.. I noticed this too. Bugs me.

Guest Igniztion

Reports from the new firmwares with Froyo state that whatever calendar you last chose, will be default for all subsequent events you create.