Returning Captivate for Canadian Vibrant with Front Camera

Guest sl8125

Guest sl8125

I just saw this in Engadget.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2010/07/23/be...#comment-61062

In Canada, Bell is releasing their version of Galaxy S. However, there phone have FRONT FACING CAMERA. I bought the captivate outright without contract, so i paid full $500. Bell and AT&T are in the same network. It will run in the US without any problems.

They said it will be released on the 6th of Aug. Thank god now i can return the Captivate without any problems. I don't mind the look of the Vibrant. However, with the Canadian Model, you can download Euro firmware with no issues.

Guest shollywood

Actually Bell and AT&T aren't the same network(s) at all. The equivalent to AT&T in Canada is Rogers/Fido.

Bell and Telus use HSPA/HSPA+ on 850/1900 MHz

While technically minded users can point out that this is not exactly GSM but HSPA, it is based on GSM (and it also borrows some concepts from CDMA). The evolution of this technology looks as follows:

GSM => EDGE => UMTS (WCDMA) => HSPA

Guest sl8125

Well I run on AT&T network so even if i buy a i9000 Euro version, i will not have any 3g connection. It will be useless for me.

I thought At&t use 850/1900 HSPA/UMTS. Maybe your mistaken with T-Mobile who runs on 900/2100 UMTS. If Bell runs on 850/1900 i think At&t is the same.

We'll see when it comes out. I like the look of my captivate. with source code out today, i might wait it out. it seems too much of hassle ordering and returning and unlocking and so on. i don't care much for the camera. i just wanted something compatible to the i9000 so that i can upgrade my software without any hurdles. i want to have the most updated firmware too. LOL.

Guest DistortedLoop
Well I run on AT&T network so even if i buy a i9000 Euro version, i will not have any 3g connection. It will be useless for me.

I thought At&t use 850/1900 HSPA/UMTS. Maybe your mistaken with T-Mobile who runs on 900/2100 UMTS. If Bell runs on 850/1900 i think At&t is the same.

I'm kind of confusted by your post, but I'll just throw this out.

I have a Singapore unlocked i9000. It runs on AT&T 3G fantastically. It uses the 1900 wcdma band for 3G when I check the debug info screen. It appears to support the 850 wcdma band as well, but I have no way to test it for sure, I don't know if there's 850 in my area or not. There's a thread talking about 850 being possible on the xda forums. Some say they're getting it on the i9000 euro.