Guest yuelaien
Anyone tried this yet? :(

my U8220 (PCCW)

installed this rom

normal to use now

free rom 30M+ free ram 30

can use chinese hand write input now

Guest Richard_Arkless

so whats it like, is it vanilla or is it just like the others and is it for our uk pulses or is it for another country

Guest ogiogi
my U8220 (PCCW)

installed this rom

normal to use now

Post a screen from about phone in settings if u can. Maybe there is a new kernel :(

Guest Simon O
so whats it like, is it vanilla or is it just like the others and is it for our uk pulses or is it for another country

I'll know in a few minutes. I've extracted the update and make a flashable zip. Flashing it now :(

edit: really love clockwork recovery and it's automated "backup current install, wipe device, flash zip, reboot" when installing a rom :(

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Simon O

woops. System partition too big. Moving some apps to /data so it fits lol

trying again :(

Update: Apart from Chinese input it's no different from the Tre 2.1 rom. Another one of Huaweis 'Vanilla' roms... :(

also the launcher buttons are wrong. I suspect flashing the official rom would fix them. But I'm not brave enough to do that!

Edited by flibblesan

Guest twrock
my U8220 (PCCW)

installed this rom

normal to use now

Does the Chinese input support Traditional characters as well as simplified? What is the handwriting input software, Hanvon Calla, Huawei's own IME, or something else?

I assume the "time machine" would still get me back to my most recent ROM, so I could just flash this one to find out. But I don't want to go through the whole process if there is nothing here of significant value.

Edited by twrock

Guest Simon O
Does the Chinese input support Traditional characters as well as simplified? What is the handwriting input software, Hanvon Calla, Huawei's own IME, or something else?

I assume the "time machine" would still get me back to my most recent ROM, so I could just flash this one to find out. But I don't want to go through the whole process if there is nothing here of significant value.

Yes, it has Traditional support. I'll extract the files if you want to add support to any other 2.1 rom?

CHT_input.zip

extract and copy to your SD card and install manually or push them to your phone.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest twrock
Yes, it has Traditional support. I'll extract the files if you want to add support to any other 2.1 rom?

CHT_input.zip

extract and copy to your SD card and install manually or push them to your phone.

Dude, you are amazing! I just came back from some other surfing to ask about what I needed to do to pull the IME and push it back onto a different ROM, and here you already anticipated what I wanted and did it!

Thanks very much. :(

Edit: I see it's the Hanvon Call IME. That's nice. It's what came with my CHT8000, and seems to work well for me. Oh, and, it should be pushed into /system, right?

Edited by twrock

Guest Simon O
Dude, you are amazing! I just came back from some other surfing to ask about what I needed to do to pull the IME and push it back onto a different ROM, and here you already anticipated what I wanted and did it!

Thanks very much. :(

Edit: I see it's the Hanvon Call IME. That's nice. It's what came with my CHT8000, and seems to work well for me. Oh, and, it should be pushed into /system, right?

Yeah push into system or you may be able to install it.

Guest twrock
Update: Apart from Chinese input it's no different from the Tre 2.1 rom. Another one of Huaweis 'Vanilla' roms... :(

also the launcher buttons are wrong. I suspect flashing the official rom would fix them. But I'm not brave enough to do that!

Flashed it. Yes, the buttons are fine. So far, very stable (no FC's, etc.).

But I do think it is time for me to finally pull the trigger and move up the the latest FLB, now that I have an Chinese handwriting IME to add to it.

Guest twrock

Update on my experimentation today.

I have been unable to get either the Tre or Tmo FLB 1.2 ROMs to work properly starting with this new CHT8000 ROM as the base. Both install, but neither will work with Wifi. Also, I was unable to get the pulled Hanvon Calla IME to work with a simple install. (There is a Chinese handwriting IME available from Huawei that will work with FLB though, so that is still an option.)

I tried flashing the CHT8000 ROM's original boot.img back onto the device after installing FLB. No luck there. It booted, but trying to enable Wifi resulted in a reboot.

So for now, I think I'm liking the what seems to be a stable CHT8000 ROM for my phone. Maybe I'll see about switching over to the Hungarian ROM some day and then installing FLB. I've heard from others that it does work that way.

Maybe kenoboe will root this new ROM like he did for 1.5. I'd like to get rid of some of the extraneous garbage I don't want out of this ROM and solve the horrible Launcher reload problem. Hey, does anyone have a link to a how-to create a rooted ROM?

Guest Epic-Emodude
Update on my experimentation today.

I have been unable to get either the Tre or Tmo FLB 1.2 ROMs to work properly starting with this new CHT8000 ROM as the base. Both install, but neither will work with Wifi. Also, I was unable to get the pulled Hanvon Calla IME to work with a simple install. (There is a Chinese handwriting IME available from Huawei that will work with FLB though, so that is still an option.)

I tried flashing the CHT8000 ROM's original boot.img back onto the device after installing FLB. No luck there. It booted, but trying to enable Wifi resulted in a reboot.

So for now, I think I'm liking the what seems to be a stable CHT8000 ROM for my phone. Maybe I'll see about switching over to the Hungarian ROM some day and then installing FLB. I've heard from others that it does work that way.

Maybe kenoboe will root this new ROM like he did for 1.5. I'd like to get rid of some of the extraneous garbage I don't want out of this ROM and solve the horrible Launcher reload problem. Hey, does anyone have a link to a how-to create a rooted ROM?

If you go to the post for pauls mcr for 2.1 then in the list of things he's changed it says rooted with super user and a link. The link will take you to the xda forums with a download of a flashable zip that will root the rom. Make sure you download the one for eclair and froyo.

Aaron

Guest twrock
If you go to the post for pauls mcr for 2.1 then in the list of things he's changed it says rooted with super user and a link. The link will take you to the xda forums with a download of a flashable zip that will root the rom. Make sure you download the one for eclair and froyo.

Aaron

Thanks much. I'll give that a try later this evening.

Guest twrock
so, is it better than FLB-Mod 1.2?

No. It is a device specific "vanilla" ROM for the CHT8000 version of the Huawei U8220. Unless you have that phone, I can't see how this ROM would be of interest.

I am using it because I have that specific phone, but I might end up on the FLB ROM in the end if this ROM proves to be no more stable in the end. After using it for a few hours today, I have found some problems. I'm not sure FLB would solve them, but maybe.

Guest Koo-san

Thanks for the good news regarding the official new 2.1 ROM for CHT8000...!!! :P

I was just wondering (as it would be a simple case of repackaging the ROM with apps for the HK carrier PCCW) if there is an official 2.1 ROM for PCCW U Android devices? [i hope so...so I can have official 2.1 and keep my warranty] :(

Apologies for asking such a dumb question...I'm not sure which of Huawei websites to find the latest downloads (I look at Huaweidevice.com support pages and see them posting updates - but not this one, so assume you guys have another Huawei source). Could you please let me know the URL to find the latest ROM releases by Huawei and if a HK (PCCW) U Android ROM has been released?

Many thanks in advance all. :(

Guest twrock
Thanks for the good news regarding the official new 2.1 ROM for CHT8000...!!! :P

I was just wondering (as it would be a simple case of repackaging the ROM with apps for the HK carrier PCCW) if there is an official 2.1 ROM for PCCW U Android devices? [i hope so...so I can have official 2.1 and keep my warranty] :(

Apologies for asking such a dumb question...I'm not sure which of Huawei websites to find the latest downloads (I look at Huaweidevice.com support pages and see them posting updates - but not this one, so assume you guys have another Huawei source). Could you please let me know the URL to find the latest ROM releases by Huawei and if a HK (PCCW) U Android ROM has been released?

Many thanks in advance all. :(

I've been keeping an eye on the Huaweidevices.com website up until now. However, this latest ROM is not listed there yet, so I just got it off the link earlier in this thread. So Huaweidevices.com and MoDaCo are my only "regular" sources.