HTC Desire Problems

Guest GrandMstRamRod

Guest GrandMstRamRod

rite here is the problem

this is the second desire i have had in 2 months one major problem is sometimes the phone will crash which reformats the memory card to only

200mb from a 4gb with me not being able to recover the rest of the lost space on my phone, i currently have a mac also with boot cam with windows xp

is there any way possible to recover that lost space as i don't really want to send my phone off for 2 weeks to manufactures.

any ideas cheers Grand!

Guest loakyj
rite here is the problem

this is the second desire i have had in 2 months one major problem is sometimes the phone will crash which reformats the memory card to only

200mb from a 4gb with me not being able to recover the rest of the lost space on my phone, i currently have a mac also with boot cam with windows xp

is there any way possible to recover that lost space as i don't really want to send my phone off for 2 weeks to manufactures.

any ideas cheers Grand!

Silly question but have you tried another card? At least that way you can rule that out, i'd take the hit of a tenner for a 8GB card in the hope of keeping the phone without sending it off.

Guest GrandMstRamRod

yh i have but its the second time putting in another card fine, but being bit skint and with froyo coming out i was wishing there is a fix, ive tried putting in 2gb and 4gb both worked fine till i tried another 4gb card just messed up, second time this has personally happerned to me.

just wanted to know if anyone knows anyway to recovery the lost storage, before this froyo update comes out

Guest klutsh
yh i have but its the second time putting in another card fine, but being bit skint and with froyo coming out i was wishing there is a fix, ive tried putting in 2gb and 4gb both worked fine till i tried another 4gb card just messed up, second time this has personally happerned to me.

just wanted to know if anyone knows anyway to recovery the lost storage, before this froyo update comes out

Root your desire & use RomManager to re-partition the SD card.

Or use the Disc Manager in OS X

Guest GrandMstRamRod

tried disc manager in os x there is no extra partition or no evidence that the rest is there according to my phone also computer its only 200mb and always was which i know is a lie

Guest VeeDubZ
you could get ubuntu and ugparted in that to re-partition the sd card

or download and burn the Gparted live cd and use that, saves a bit of time rather than doing a full install of ubuntu