Busybox

Guest hazi1964

Guest hazi1964

So I downloaded busybox from the market but when I opened it, tried to install, I got a message saying my phone isn't nand unlocked.

What I would like to know is how can I do a nand unlock if it's possible on the desire?

Thank you in advance

Alison

Guest klutsh
Is it locked to Vodafone, T-Mobile, Orange? Am referring to the contract.

Nand unlock is nothing to do with service providers.

As far as I know the Desire can't be nand unlocked, meaning we have write read only access to /system while booted.

Edited by klutsh

Guest squrl
Nand unlock is nothing to do with service providers.

As far as I know the Desire can't be nand unlocked, meaning we have write only access to /system while booted.

You meant read-only :(

Guest hazi1964
You meant read-only :(

Yes it's locked to T Mobile but as pointed out, this has no effect on Nand.

I ask about unlocking nand because I downloaded an app from the market "System Default Font" as I would love to change my fonts. The developer has been extremely helpful and using Terminal Emulator I was able to get busybox installed. However, still can't do anything with the app, am getting failed to update fonts.

The developer thinks it's because my device isn't nand unlocked, hence asking if it's possible to do.

If this is the case, am I right in thinking that no font changer/installer will work?

Alison

Guest klutsh
Yes it's locked to T Mobile but as pointed out, this has no effect on Nand.

I ask about unlocking nand because I downloaded an app from the market "System Default Font" as I would love to change my fonts. The developer has been extremely helpful and using Terminal Emulator I was able to get busybox installed. However, still can't do anything with the app, am getting failed to update fonts.

The developer thinks it's because my device isn't nand unlocked, hence asking if it's possible to do.

If this is the case, am I right in thinking that no font changer/installer will work?

Alison

You can change all the files you like through recovery, it's only while the OS is running you can't access /system for writing.

If you get the font's you want just overwrite the ones in /system/fonts while in recovery.

I've never actually done this, but am sure that's how you do it.

Edited by klutsh

Guest hazi1964
You can change all the files you like through recovery, it's only while the OS is running you can't access /system for writing.

If you get the font's you want just overwrite the ones in /system/fonts while in recovery.

I've never actually done this, but am sure that's how you do it.

Ah, now that does make sense to me, am I right in thinking they are in .ttf format or should I be looking for something else?

Thanks for the info so far.

Alison