[ROM] LS 2.1.4 - Only the best for your Liquid! Eclair 2/9/10

Guest LSteam

hey, stupid question.... how do i use the tethering program? i've started it, now what do i do?

you should press the menu bottom, and look up the default SSID and password, or set a new pair by yourself.

than go to the computer side, and take this SSID and password to creat a Ad-Hoc connection on wi-fi.

Guest tc4101

hi,

wifi works great, but sometimes after a few hours the wifi will just hang.... i try starting it and it says wifi cant be started. i then have to reboot my acer for it to start again. anyone notice this? i have flashed the patch aswell.

hi,

wifi works great, but sometimes after a few hours the wifi will just hang.... i try starting it and it says wifi cant be started. i then have to reboot my acer for it to start again. anyone notice this? i have flashed the patch aswell.

i think it is because of that you forgot to turn off the Liquid tether.

the situation you said will happens on the Liquid tether being running.

except that, i have never met the problem you said.

Hi guys! I´m completely new on the Android scene and I just received my Acer Liquid today (a couple of hours ago...) and it´s still charging those 8(!!!) hours that the manual say (strange...).

As soon as I check that the phone is ok I want to flash this ROM but I have some doubs:

- is that "HTC style" clock included on the ROM? If it is fancy widget where can I find it? (PM if you must)

- I see that on this ROM it is adviceable to put "Apps to SD" and NOT put "Data to SD" now... what is the "Data"? If I put Apps to SD but I want to put GPS offline maps, PDF files, etc I cannot put them on the SD? (sorry the noob questions but info about Android is too big and too fragmented...I spent like 5h yesterday trying to figure out some things...)

- On S60 I could just have the files and install them offline, is there a place where I can have those apps? (instead of downloading/market. Once again if you must, PM me.)

Thanks for your help!

Edited by mmick

Guest Musabadiane
i think it is because of that you forgot to turn off the Liquid tether.

the situation you said will happens on the Liquid tether being running.

except that, i have never met the problem you said.

I have the same problem,I need to turn off and turn on the wifi to be connected.

I'm facing also 2 others problem:

• Google Maps often force close when launching some apps, anyone know why ?
  • I can't change of theme anymore since I change it for the galaxy theme

Besides that it's a awesome ROM!! I have tested all other (not in depth) and my choice is done! Thanks and keep up the good work!

I hope we can expect a LS 2.2 based on froyo :D

Edited by Musabadiane

Guest tc4101

HI my camera button doesnt open the camera app no more, it only does long hold and then does opens up compase messange. anyone know how to change the shorcut or disable it all together? reason is i put my phone on the car dock and it always hits the button.

Also i am using the green theme, which is awesome, just one gripe, the startup sound is too obtruse. could you make a more pleasant, neutral startup sound? thanks

Edited by tc4101

Guest LSteam

@mmick

1) yes, is facywidget, you can find it in rom zip file :D

2) data = data of apps (settings...); you can store what you want on your sd :D

3) you can find them on ipmart forum or just search on google :D

@Musabadiane

thanks ;)

1) i think is theather app bug

2) what apps?

3) try to reinstall theme pack ;) (read careful the readme file)

@tc4101

1) umh... no sorry...

2) ok :D

@mmick

1) yes, is facywidget, you can find it in rom zip file :D

2) data = data of apps (settings...); you can store what you want on your sd ;)

3) you can find them on ipmart forum or just search on google :D

LStream, thanks for the enlightning :D

On the "data" question: with this FW it has been said that if we set "apps 2 SD" we should *not* set "data 2 SD" so... apps will go to the SD and data (usually the biggest part) will have to stay on the phone´s memory? Or, if I choose "apps 2 SD" it will both install apps and data on the SD? I am confused...

Acer Liquid is my first Android and I am loving it! One day with Android now (still with the Acer´s default v2.1) and I am loving it! Shame Android v2.1 does not allow apps/games to install directly on the SD card... Symbian and WinMo allow that for years :D

Thanks LSteam!

Another questions about this ROM:

1) With the default ROM (Acer v2.1) I had no problems receiving with the time of the received/sent MMS. Now all my friends MMS appear like it was 1h sooner than mine on ChompSMS or Handcent SMS (same GMT +1 London, summer)

2) when I change the theme LSettings it reboots and freezes, I have to take the battery off. And if I previously put a background, it stays with it and not the one from the theme...

3) after boot I notice A LOT of programs on memory (CL USB Sync, Gallery, Gmail, Google Talk, Notes, SetCPU, etc) but without using them! Just after the boot (which takes longer due this issue...) I have just 50Mb RAM

Guest LSteam
Thanks LSteam!

Another questions about this ROM:

1) With the default ROM (Acer v2.1) I had no problems receiving with the time of the received/sent MMS. Now all my friends MMS appear like it was 1h sooner than mine on ChompSMS or Handcent SMS (same GMT +1 London, summer)

2) when I change the theme LSettings it reboots and freezes, I have to take the battery off. And if I previously put a background, it stays with it and not the one from the theme...

3) after boot I notice A LOT of programs on memory (CL USB Sync, Gallery, Gmail, Google Talk, Notes, SetCPU, etc) but without using them! Just after the boot (which takes longer due this issue...) I have just 50Mb RAM

1) have you tried to change your baseband?

2) try to reinstall themes pack... i'm sure that you will solve the problem :huh:

3) check your pms ;)

Guest Musabadiane
@mmick

1) yes, is facywidget, you can find it in rom zip file :huh:

2) data = data of apps (settings...); you can store what you want on your sd :D

3) you can find them on ipmart forum or just search on google ;)

@Musabadiane

thanks ;)

1) i think is theather app bug

2) what apps?

3) try to reinstall theme pack :( (read careful the readme file)

@tc4101

1) umh... no sorry...

2) ok :D

Thank you for your answer.

1) even if i never turn thether on?

2/ in fact it's very strange because it not regular. Sometimes, when it happend when I type a sms or use other applications like Stib or Lesoir (Belgium apps)

3) i try to reinstall theme pack but it don't work. I made also a factory reset but the galaxy theme is still present, maybe I need to flash the zip again??

Another question, could you explain me how do you create a ext partition in malez to use the app2sd ?

Thanks!

Another question, could you explain me how do you create a ext partition in malez to use the app2sd ?

Thanks!

1) LSettings

2) APP2SD

3) select "reboot to recovery" (something like that)

4) phone will reboot and load "malez"

5) select "others" (I think this is the option, don´t remember exactly)

6) "create swap/ext/fat"

7) I used 64/512/rest to fat

8) in a couple of seconds it creates those partitions

9) the phone will shut down

10) turn on the phone

11) LSettings > App2SD > "apps to SD"

12) phone will turn off

13) remove the battery (at least mine wouldn´t boot without removing the battery first)

14) boot and done.

1) have you tried to change your baseband?

i have a similar problem.

while i'm sending a SMS, i'll get a failure message often.

i tried many ways to solve this problem, such as choosing my ISP manually ,or changing my connection to 2G and while still getting the failure message than switching back to 3G.( i tried these steps on the same place, the same status of signal.)

it some times works, but much fewer than not.

any other one have this problem?

Guest Musabadiane
1) LSettings

2) APP2SD

3) select "reboot to recovery" (something like that)

4) phone will reboot and load "malez"

5) select "others" (I think this is the option, don´t remember exactly)

6) "create swap/ext/fat"

7) I used 64/512/rest to fat

8) in a couple of seconds it creates those partitions

9) the phone will shut down

10) turn on the phone

11) LSettings > App2SD > "apps to SD"

12) phone will turn off

13) remove the battery (at least mine wouldn´t boot without removing the battery first)

14) boot and done.

Thanks, just the step 5 is wrong, it's the partition/repair SDcard menu

What do you advise, is it better to move also dalvik to SD?

About the swap size, what is the better settings for the Liquid ?

Guest LSteam
Thank you for your answer.

1) even if i never turn thether on?

2/ in fact it's very strange because it not regular. Sometimes, when it happend when I type a sms or use other applications like Stib or Lesoir (Belgium apps)

3) i try to reinstall theme pack but it don't work. I made also a factory reset but the galaxy theme is still present, maybe I need to flash the zip again??

Thanks!

1) i think yes...

2) i'm a little confused XD

3) i think you have a problem with your phone... try to re flash new bin and reinstall malez recovery and ls rom ;)

anyway you can get rid of the battery icon and have the app "battery status" instead?

i have a similar problem.

while i'm sending a SMS, i'll get a failure message often.

i tried many ways to solve this problem, such as choosing my ISP manually ,or changing my connection to 2G and while still getting the failure message than switching back to 3G.( i tried these steps on the same place, the same status of signal.)

it some times works, but much fewer than not.

any other one have this problem?

try to reinstall rom and tell me if you solve your problem, thanks :huh:

try to reinstall rom and tell me if you solve your problem, thanks :huh:

OK, i'll try to do this on the nearly someday.

(My Screen crashed, and i bought a new one for replacement. but i have not received it, yet...orz||||| )

thanks for the advice.

Edited by Freyr

- why those apps load into memory right after boot? Is it normal on Android phones? (this is my first Android)

- can it be due the Launcher have the icons and loads those apps to be faster when I run them?

1) yes

2) no... it's the normal android boot process... launcher doesn't load apps

To uninstall setcpu, unistall it with titanium backup