Got my Galaxy S... And now? (Help needed)

Guest Ivarkentje

Guest Ivarkentje

Hello there, nice people of these forums! :(

So I'm a total noob to this, as this is my first Android device. After I heard of the stalling problems most of the devices seem to have, I wanted to root my device and apply the stallfix and whatnot. Problem is, I really don't know where to start. I've been browsing around these forums for quite a few days now, but I see all that stuff like Online Kitchen, JG5 firmware, custom ROMs, pre-baked stuff, superuser, su, and I really don't know where to start anymore. I hope some of you, or even one person can help me out. Links to tutorials in the order I have to read and do them would be highly appreciated :(. Also can someone please list the advantages of a rooted device? Because the only reason I want this is for the stalling fix to be solved and my device being even faster than it is now, and I want to know what more I can do with my phone afterwards.

By ze way, I have hacked some other devices (not mobile phones, that's why I'm asking here), so I'm not completely lost if I have a tutorial. :P

I wouldn't have made a new topic on this, but I haven't really found a noob-friendly guide for the Galaxy S, as all tutorials are scattered over the forums.

Sooooo if you can help me, go ahead, it will be appreciated. ^^

(I have the feeling I forgot something... Well, if I remember or if you want any more information, I'll edit this post.)

Thanks in advance :P

Ivarkentje

Edited by Ivarkentje

Guest peterfrislan

hi,

I am looking for a tutorial for Dummies too. I think I will manage to flash roms but I want to be absolutely sure because I am scared to brick my galaxy.

Any help would be appriciated!.