It is common with LG...BullSh1t!

Guest cool_recep

Guest cool_recep

Guys, know what, in my life, I have paid for an LG phone just for one time.

Seing that it sucked in almost every single way, I promiesed myself to not to buy an LG again, ever!

In the mean time LG came with other shitty phones like Shiny, Chocolate BL40..I reviewed a lot of them...and my idea did not changed...

In 2010, finally something happened and those a$$holes who suck at creating a phone, came with the idea that their own firmware sucks so they should use android...

Good, I said, finally those retard$ getting a lil bit clever...

So the Optimus came out...of course with Android 1.6...anyway...

To sum up:

Today, I installed LG PC Suite. It is a bloated shitload of software package that is woth of 110 MB but suck at every single badword way.

Just like Microsoft's own Windows Mobile Device Center, LG's PC Suite did not recognize my Office 2010 64 Bit and I was not able to sync my contacts with the damn phone.... (Same s*** happened with HTC Hero)

I am frsutrated, I am blown, I am pissed of...I can not express myself about how did that asshole programmer at LG tried his best to create a good looking software but forget to add support for the Office suite that is RTM'ed months before.....

WHAT THE badword LG!

P.S. Thank god I did not pay for this phone. -and I will try to find a workaround...

OK. Androidsync is a good alternative but they don't have 64 Bit support yet. They will add it soon though....Bet they will add it faster than LG :(

Edited by cool_recep

Guest Batkoto
Guys, know what, in my life, I have paid for an LG phone just for one time.

Seing that it sucked in almost every single way, I promiesed myself to not to buy an LG again, ever!

In the mean time LG came with other shitty phones like Shiny, Chocolate BL40..I reviewed a lot of them...and my idea did not changed...

In 2010, finally something happened and those a$$holes who suck at creating a phone, came with the idea that their own firmware sucks so they should use android...

Good, I said, finally those retard$ getting a lil bit clever...

So the Optimus came out...of course with Android 1.6...anyway...

To sum up:

Today, I installed LG PC Suite. It is a bloated shitload of software package that is woth of 110 MB but suck at every single badword way.

Just like Microsoft's own Windows Mobile Device Center, LG's PC Suite did not recognize my Office 2010 64 Bit and I was not able to sync my contacts with the damn phone.... (Same s*** happened with HTC Hero)

I am frsutrated, I am blown, I am pissed of...I can not express myself about how did that asshole programmer at LG tried his best to create a good looking software but forget to add support for the Office suite that is RTM'ed months before.....

WHAT THE badword LG!

P.S. Thank god I did not pay for this phone. -and I will try to find a workaround...

OK. Androidsync is a good alternative but they don't have 64 Bit support yet. They will add it soon though....Bet they will add it faster than LG :(

Mate you have some serious issues (mental)

what if the problem is in office 2010 but not in the phone?

I would suggest, get a life, and iPhone

Guest DanWilson
Mate you have some serious issues (mental)

what if the problem is in office 2010 but not in the phone?

I would suggest, get a life, and iPhone

Yes a life, not an iPhone (unless you want to jailbreak!)

iPhones are just too locked down, you need to use Android for its openness!

Guest Batkoto
My phone didnt come with PC Suite so can some please link to somewhere to get it

Should be on your SD card if you dont have CD, otherwise, check the LG website, you can download it from there

Guest Ev1lM0nk3y
Should be on your SD card if you dont have CD, otherwise, check the LG website, you can download it from there

I didn't even check the card when I got the phone and now i have formatted it lol

That link doesn't work for me thanks

Edit: link working

Edited by Ev1lM0nk3y

Guest RottenFoxBreath
I didn't even check the card when I got the phone and now i have formatted it lol

There wasn't anything on the 2gig card on my phone when i got it..

Guest Ev1lM0nk3y

Cheers for the link.

But i do have slight problem now when trying to install it

post-730111-1280668311_thumb.jpg

It seems to be just after it says usb install

Nothing is every easy with me lol

Can anyone help

Thanks

Edited by Ev1lM0nk3y

Guest cool_recep

I already have a life...and a good job that I go whenever I want....

You should get a life and stop wasting your money on LG. Thank god I did not paid a cent for this BS!

BTW, the PC Suite link is OLD.

Latest PC Suite is v4.2.26 and it can be download via LG Phone Software Updater. Click the link under the USB Drivers...

Guest Ev1lM0nk3y
Latest PC Suite is v4.2.26 and it can be download via LG Phone Software Updater. Click the link under the USB Drivers...

That doesnt show up just drivers

Guest RottenFoxBreath
I already have a life...and a good job that I go whenever I want....

You should get a life and stop wasting your money on LG. Thank god I did not paid a cent for this BS!

:(

If you want the LATEST version of the LG Phone Suite, then go here: http://uk.lgairsync.com/su.sgn.Login.tws

Log in/create an account..then log into the page, skip the online phone activation, by going to the link at the bottom of the page, which reads:

"Phone does not use the Internet? Save for later >>", then simply download the PC Suite IV.

or just go here : http://uk.lgairsync.com/cm.dif.DownloadSta...leSpec=pc_suite for no login's, etc.. Only 1 phone works with it at the moment(the online part), as it's still a beta.

And the reason it isn't supplied with this phone / doesn't show on the GT540 update/manuals, and drivers page, is It's not needed/supported for this phone..

Also, cool_recep, your issue isn't an LG issue, it's a problem with Google, and Microsoft, relating to x64 architecture, and a solution to which is expected by September 2010,

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Guest Irish_Shea

Good man yourself! sorted out my issue anyways :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest the chad

FYI.

I have a blackberry for my work phone and they have only just released a desktop manager update giving support to office 2010 32bit and they say 64bit wont be untill next year.

So while your having a rant about how bad LG is for not offering support, think about probably the most commonly used business phone not having support also!

my 2 cents.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest scubaladdie

I also have never been so frustrated with a phone (LG GT540) in my life - Well, actually with a phone manufacturer.

After several attempts at downloading PC Suite in versions varying between Ver 2 to 4.3 which by the way are not all that easy to find!!! I finally found that i could eventually manage to sync my contact in Outlook using the very latest Version of PC Suite but ONLY on my old laptop which has Outlook 2003!!!!!!!!

Of course i had all the pain of making sure my Mass Storage box was unticked and that the SD card is Unmounted!!!

Do things so simple on other devices have to be this hard on the GT540!!

AND why do LG make the damn PC Suite so hard to find!!!!!

Just to really dissapoint me i find that the LG APPS website www.lgapplication.com has no support for New Zealand!!!!!! And i thought we were definitely part of Asia Pacific region.

Come on LG - smarten up!!!!

Guest cool_recep

The first time I had an LG, it did not have a PC connection software at all :lol: They think that end user does not care about it... Don't be surprised if 2.1 does not come out... And look at their B2C (WTF does that mean?) Firmware Update Tool...So lame..No GUI, no stability...

LG Should die!

The first time I had an LG, it did not have a PC connection software at all :lol: They think that end user does not care about it... Don't be surprised if 2.1 does not come out... And look at their B2C (WTF does that mean?) Firmware Update Tool...So lame..No GUI, no stability...

LG Should die!

First off, chill dude, you've bought an ANDROID. Google-stuff. Made for/by/with Google. Not to be used with a synctool at all. The sync tool is not for the GT540 Android.

Second, stop wasting bandwidth with your rants. 2.1 is a reality, and quite honestly the update tool isn't bad. I've seen a lot worse.

All in all, I don't think you should've bought an Android phone at all. Nokia's got Symbian, check those out. They're not bad at all.

Edited by Corran