previous mobiles...

Guest cyrilthefish

My insignificant list (compared to the previous post!)

Is:

Nokia 7210 (yes i was one of the last people in england to get a mobile!)

Great phone, too big.

Sony Z7e Waste of time, missed thousands of calls because it was inaudible and didn't vibrate hard enough!

SPV crap battery but at least i can feel it buzzin'

Nathan

Guest vadonald

Nokia 2110 on Orange (replaced 3 times under warranty for differnet problems)

Nokia 6110 on Cellnet (My Mum still has this phone - now on PAYG)

Sony Z5 on BT Cellnet (Gonna get a PAYG SIM for this as a spare phone, its handy cos its a tiny phone)

Now SPV on Orange. (I only left Orange before because their coverage was poor, but now seems much improved ;) )

Cheers, Vince

1. Early Erkison brick (forget model number) -Bt Cellnet

2. Nokia 5210 - One2one

3. Nokia 8210 - One2one - Most problematic - common issue, dodgy screen

4. Siemens Sl45 (i)

5. SPV! - Orange

Neva had a vodafone or virgin mobile!

DJ Hope

PS Isnt this more of an off-topic chat?

large Motorla (forget the type), 1.5 years on Orange

Ericsson T39, 1.5 years on O2,

now onto the SPV..

I did love my T39, at least its slowness got me used to the SPV ;)

Guest Gorskar

Wow! Some people here go thru phones faster than socks!

My History is -

Nokia 7110 (or) (1yr) - Great Phone, loved that little wheel and the "matrix" effect

Nokia 6210 (or) (1yr) Actually had 2 of these - the first one's screen mysteriously cracked and messed up whilst in my pocket. Orange Care replaced it.

Orange SPV - All previous phones pale into insignificance.

Guest vampyre69

Analogue Motorola Phone

Nokia Very Very Chunky Brick Phone - One 2 One

Nokia 5.1 - Orange

Nokia 702? (1st one to have changeable cover) - Orange

Nokia 7110 Matrix Phone - Orange

Nokia 6110? or 6210 can't remember now.

Nokia 8310 - Orange Still Using it.

Orange SPV

I too vowed never to have anything but Nokia absolutly love them (still do) but like Paul said they got stale.

We need more Nokia Asia phones here quicker than we are currently getting them.

Shame Nokia lost me as a forever loyal customer - question is though how many more are they going to lose to the SPV and Sony Ericson (especially as they are now Mac compatible!!!).

Even the smaller numbers count at the end of the day!

Guest Weslington

Wow, my first post!

Did no one own a Nokia 702? Class phone, lasted me about 4 years! Never had any problems with it. Then 6210, now my SPV. Shame about the battery life... :cry:

Nokia 702

Nokia 8210

Spv

Just traded the 702 in for £13 (CW), it wasn't working, but they never checked it! :)

Still have the 8210, when I pick it up now it feels like a toy!

Kevlar

BT Saphire Radiophone (System 4)

Motorola 4500X Transportable (Etacs Cellnet)

Nokia Mobira Cityman 1320 (Etacs Cellnet)

NEC 9A (Etacs Cellnet)

Nokia 121 (Etacs Cellnet)

Nokia 190 (Etacs Cellnet)

NEC P4 (Etacs Cellnet)

Nokia 2110 (GSM Cellnet)

Nokia 5.1 (Orange )

Nokia 8110 (Matrix) (Orange)

Nokia 5110 (Orange)

Siemens C25 (Orange)

Nokia 7110 (Orange)

Orange SPV

All that lot since 1987 :)

Guest HelloDave

Compared to quite a few people i'm not too bad then - my previous phones have been rather boring

- Motorola m3788e brick - Crap phone but built like a tank, i'm sure they could be classified as weapons!

- Nokia 3310 PAYG - One of the first to have one...but not unique for long!

- Nokia 3330 contract - 3310 with slow WAP browser; was going to get an 8310 but it wasn't quite out, and all the other options were too expensive or boring. I must have been the only person in the world to have owned two 33x phones and kept the original covers on them.

- SPV - love it at the moment, but we shall see...

Guest TSCRYPTO

Motorola T-888: a brick of a thing I got back in 1996, with a standby battery life of 8 hours (useless for Friday nights out!)

Ericsson T something or other 1997-98

Nokia 5210

Nokia 3210

Nokia 6210 until I dropped it on NYE last year...then

SPV

Guest stillwaiting

I started my mobile madness off with a Nortel something or other with 121

Then onto the Nokia 5110 -great phone(battery life is something HTC could strive towards matching) 121

Next came Ericsson T18- way too chunky 121

Next for a slimline version in the T28-orange -my best phone to date-the best bit was the flip/answering-so cool

Then Motorola V66-Orange-apart from being the smallest phone which was a plus it has probably been my least favourite phone so far

Present day SPV-Orange- I love it to bits, especially the media player which i'm forever tinkering with-but my only serious gripe about this phone is its ability to mimic its big brother and crash every now and then requiring those annoyingly long power ups. Still i luv u SPV

But i'm telling you now SPV if you don't buck up your ideas i might have to end our relationship and start checking that gorgeous looking bird going by the name of P800 Sony/Ericsson.

Yes i know she's a little overweight but at least she'll let me do things to her that Orange won't let me do to you.

(And you thought M.Jackson had problems)

Yes i know she's a little overweight but at least she'll let me do things to her that Orange won't let me do to you.

I can't stand fat birds (sorry)!

DJ Hope

Guest roentgen2000

Amazing!

Let's see..

Ericsson analogue brick (voda)

Ericsson cant remember (121) -lasted 2 days due to poor reception

Nokia 5.1 - Orange

Nokia 702 - Orange

motorola brick - Orange

Motorola l7989 - Orange

Nokia 7110 - Orange

Nokia 6120 - SIM free

(now into overdrive)

Nokia 8120 - Vodafone

Nokia 8130 - SIM free

Ericsson T39 - BT Cellnet. neat ahead of it's time but very slow and buggy input. HATE the way the whole phone stops working when receiving a SMS.

Treo 270 - still the best PDA-phone but at least it gets you used to poor battery life. Quite unstable for a Palm and crashes a lot (no pocket word or excel with SPV..) - O2

Orange SPV.

Still using 8120 (voda work and O2 off peak) and Treo ( as PDA and back up to SPV)

tempted to sling whole pDA-mobile combo in as seem too much of a compromis and go for a separate bluetooth tiny mobile and Tungsten T instead. Let's face it

if you ahve to carry a PDA and the SPV around, I think I have failed.. :-(

Nokia 6110? or 6210 can't remember now.

Nokia 8310 - Orange Still Using it.

Orange SPV

Guest superkingdave

i started late with a 3210, i lost it when i saw how many other people had them, cost me 100 quid on orange pay as you go- waste of money.

got a 6210, quality phone as regard the features and battery life but shocking reliability, just used to turn itself off all the time for no reason.

then i got a samsung A200? the one with dual screen, pile of crap, really small but thats about it, i had a battery life a little bit longer than the spv and it didnt do anything.

Now i have my spv i am really happy apart from all the stuff that doesnt work and the fact that you cant get a decent poker game for it- i mean hold'em not video poker

Guest Matt Whitfield

1) old Ericsson flip front thing (I forget the number)

2) Nokia 7110 (x2)

3) Got loaned an Ericsson R380 and prototype Ercisson R520 for the WAP part of a project I was working on at the time so had those for a few months.

4) Orange SPV

What next??... P800? Mmmmm... :)

Here we go:

Motorola Flare

Nokia 2110

Nokia 8110 banana

Nokia 5110

Nokia 6150i (i think)

Nokia 8210

Ericsson T28

Ericsson R380

Siemens SL45, upgraded to SL45i

SE T68, FLashed to T68i (Had this the longest single phone as it was the only colour phone ages before anything else)

Nokia 6310i

SPV

Option GPRS Data Card

(Looking at the list it makes me weep - all that money! - I had bever really thought about it before)

WHilst Orange are sorting my replacement SPV I am back to a 6310i with Jabra Freespeak Bluetooth headset. I have come to the sad conclusion that for actually making and receiving phone calls (which is what I do most) that this is actually a reall good combination. The Nok keeps a signal like nothing else I can recall.

A bit off topic but the things I miss most whilst I am SPVless are:

Clever way it searches contacts

Web Browser

Colour (although I dont really need it, just miss it)

Dicrete/Professional customised tones