Modaco Official froyo ROM?

Guest 325i

Guest dchuraman

i agree there are good roms, but my problem is that i like to cook a room with what i need and not have to install another one until its needed. if I install a rom from xda which has a load of stuff i dont want or need, i will surely be installing mcr when its out soon, i dont know if i can be bothered. ill probably just wait after all

Guest Reefster
doesnt look like anything will happen today, lets hope for tomorrow. there are some good looking roms over at xda and here so might give them a go

Can you provide a link as I'm struggling to navigate their site with any meaning, looks like I should get to know it better.

Guest dchuraman

not really, i also have the same problem, it can be quite hard to navigate, i just suggest trawling through the desire android development board and seeing what you come up with, i believe rom posts starts with [ROM] but that doesnt seem to be a rule

Guest le_lutin
Variety is the spice of life!

There are some bloody good roms about amongst the dross. I've tried many but would defiantly check out neophyte 1.4. Nothing comes close at the moment. Yes even modaco roms! That's how good it is. When Paul comes back, we can rejoice! Till then sitting around and waiting is not something I shall do!

Do you mean the current modaco Roms (pre-official 2.2) don't come close to the current neophyte 1.4? Or that even Paul's next release won't come close?

Guest dunbad
Do you mean the current modaco Roms (pre-official 2.2) don't come close to the current neophyte 1.4? Or that even Paul's next release won't come close?

No I wouldn't go that far! Who knows what tomorrow brings?

Neophyte 1.4, based on R5 I believe, but better than anything currently in modaco.

Or nextsense, latest version, based on latest official Froyo. Again better than anything here at this moment in time although, its very new. My opinion, both the best roms out there currently.

Guest dunbad
No I wouldn't go that far! Who knows what tomorrow brings?

Neophyte 1.4, based on R5 I believe, but better than anything currently in modaco.

Or nextsense, latest version, based on latest official Froyo. Again better than anything here at this moment in time although, its very new. My opinion, both the best roms out there currently.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=628

Maybe this link will come out, not sure!

Guest mds69

I had more FCs with NeXTSense (both versions so far) than I've had with any other ROM - still if you want the latest and greatest then...

Guest Noonski
not really, i also have the same problem, it can be quite hard to navigate, i just suggest trawling through the desire android development board and seeing what you come up with, i believe rom posts starts with [ROM] but that doesnt seem to be a rule

Trust me it is a rule :)

I also don't mind waiting.

Edited by Noonski

Guest MacCarron
I had more FCs with NeXTSense (both versions so far) than I've had with any other ROM - still if you want the latest and greatest then...

Probably a bad flash. There are no FCs whatsoever with NexTSense 2.1b at the moment. Fast and good looking.

Guest flolee

well... lets hope pauls new version comes out as soon as possible (uhm.... does this sentence make any sense?). in the meantime i'm using the original and just rooted Froyo ROM, to find here => hxxp://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=741775

its perfectly stable and not overloaded with other s*** than the one from HTC.

Edited by flolee

Guest dunbad

Well, you've joined today and this is your first post?

If your having fc with that LATEST Rom, I'd be amazed if you flashed it right. Both those roms I mentioned are stable clean and the browsers are quicker than a quick thing! Snappy as hell and render pretty instant. I'm sure Paul will outdo it don't get me wrong, but not at this moment.

Guest mds69
Well, you've joined today and this is your first post?

If your having fc with that LATEST Rom, I'd be amazed if you flashed it right. Both those roms I mentioned are stable clean and the browsers are quicker than a quick thing! Snappy as hell and render pretty instant. I'm sure Paul will outdo it don't get me wrong, but not at this moment.

Joined today - Android since about day 5 of G1...

Not immune to mistakes though...but don't think so in this case - most other people moaning about non-functional Exchange support and various FCs...

Not blaming the Dev though - presumably this is why Paul is taking his time but we don't all want to wait do we? Personal choice obviously!

Guest lightspeedc

If running one of Paul's pre-official release Froyo ROMs - how would I update to Paul's ROM based off the official Froyo ROM without wiping and reinstalling everything again?

Sorry for silly newbie question.

Guest Asselberghs
If running one of Paul's pre-official release Froyo ROMs - how would I update to Paul's ROM based off the official Froyo ROM without wiping and reinstalling everything again?

I don´t think you can m8, I am not 100% sure though.

Guest harolds5

Upgrading

No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.

This message from Paul is usually found in the first post of all his ROM's. R6 is WIP (work in progress) so he left it out.

Guest dunbad
Joined today - Android since about day 5 of G1...

Not immune to mistakes though...but don't think so in this case - most other people moaning about non-functional Exchange support and various FCs...

Not blaming the Dev though - presumably this is why Paul is taking his time but we don't all want to wait do we? Personal choice obviously!

Well I'm surprised. Most people are enjoying those roms. That latest version of the Froyo based Rom I know had teething issues during the first few hours, but now its been solid as a rock. My point is, if anyone wants to wait for pauls Rom, that's there choice, but there really is no need to get depressed or frustrated about waiting. Not when there are (at the very least!) very capable alternatives amongst the dross that's out there. If you wait, be comfortable waiting. If not, their are options to occupy you in the mean time.

Guest fatwolf
The waiting is terrible. I've tried some other roms but there is always something wrong... I want to cook the modaco's one!

That is exactly what i am waiting for. I love the ability to strip out and add things easily to the rom.

I can wait though. just have to keep an eye on the forum for the update.