HTC Desire A8181 to A8183

Guest MikeWasouski

Guest MikeWasouski

Hi everyone, I buy an HTC desire A8181 in Belgium but I live in Mexico where the 3G works at 850, then if my phone were an A8183 would work, as I havent seen any HW differences, could it be possible to convert my phone to work as an A8183?

Guest acolwill
Hi everyone, I buy an HTC desire A8181 in Belgium but I live in Mexico where the 3G works at 850, then if my phone were an A8183 would work, as I havent seen any HW differences, could it be possible to convert my phone to work as an A8183?

In a nutshell, no.

Guest khtse

It's funny you said there is no hardware difference. The difference between the two lies in the hardware, you can't turn one into another by flashing a rom. (Some on mentioned here that after flashing a rom their A8183 became an A8181. That's mainly due the the rom used a A8181 build.prob, which made all the softwares recognize it as a A8181, but the hardwares didn't change.)