Trying installing: Rooted HTC Official 2.2 FroYo - WONT turn on again!

Guest Mikkel D. HAnsen

Guest Mikkel D. HAnsen

Dear Guys,

I've followed this post:

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...cial-2-2-froyo/

I've install with rom manager:

I did choose to take backup.

during the install it came with an error and i had the option to reboot, so i did and NOW my phone wont boot...

This is not good, cause i use this phone as a "job" phone so i need it to work..

100 danish krones to the one that helps me solve this puzzle... need help fast! - Will sent over paypal or bank transfer.

Guest kayceejayh
Dear Guys,

I've followed this post:

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...cial-2-2-froyo/

I've install with rom manager:

I did choose to take backup.

during the install it came with an error and i had the option to reboot, so i did and NOW my phone wont boot...

This is not good, cause i use this phone as a "job" phone so i need it to work..

100 danish krones to the one that helps me solve this puzzle... need help fast! - Will sent over paypal or bank transfer.

Pull the battery out, wait a while.. Put it back, stick it on charge, and then try.

Guest Mikkel D. HAnsen

Just took out the sdcard from my phone and place it into my computer, i can see that the clockworkmod took a backup. if it helps ya!

Guest Mikkel D. HAnsen

When im inside the recovery menu "Android System Recovery 2e"

I have 4 options

REboot

Apply Sdcard:update.zip

Wipe data

Wipe Cache?

Guest Shizophren

Ok, the select Apply Sdcard update zip. Then you shoult start in clockworkmod. There you can select something like nandroid and restore.

The update.zip musst be on you sdcard and it must be the update.zip from the clockwordmod. Try this.

Guest Shizophren

And then? Nothing? Wich filesize the update.zip has? Anythiing about 2-3MB? Then it must be the right one.

So, try this: http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...e-without-a-pc/

After you do that and you're in the clockwordmod recovery you can wipe your device and install e.g. the modaco 2.2. rom!

You must store the rom on your sdcard and then in the revovery you can choose to apply an update zip. Then select select update.zip from sdcard and select the modaco rom. Now it should install the new rom.

So don't panic, your device isn't bricked.

Edited by Shizophren

Guest jpwjpw
And then? Nothing? Wich filesize the update.zip has? Anythiing about 2-3MB? Then it must be the right one.

So, try this: http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...e-without-a-pc/

After you do that and you're in the clockwordmod recovery you can wipe your device and install e.g. the modaco 2.2. rom!

You must store the rom on your sdcard and then in the revovery you can choose to apply an update zip. Then select select update.zip from sdcard and select the modaco rom. Now it should install the new rom.

So don't panic, your device isn't bricked.

Using the clockworkmod recovery on my PC worked fine to get my phone back :)

Edited by jpwjpw

• 2 weeks later...
Guest playsatan
Using the clockworkmod recovery on my PC worked fine to get my phone back :D

I am having a similar problem to this if anyone can help me! I acidently pressed the back up current rom button in Rom Manager. The phone subsequently turned itself off and now i cant boot at all.

I have tried to enter the recovery option but all i get is the white HTC screen and i thin black strip across the top of the screen and nothing else.

I have taken the sd card out and notice that the 2-3mb update.zip file is on the mem card.

I'm completely stuck with what to do as i'm new to this OS so any help would be very much appreciated.

P.s

So far i haven't updated to a custom rom but the device has been rooted if that helps