Help please:( * * * Resolved * * * *

Guest lazyeejay

Guest lazyeejay

Have done several rom flashes on unrooted Desire in past and justwent to put another one on but cannot open the windows.bat file when the red exclamation mark is on the phone. I have always gone through it swimmmingly but this time round, nothing is happening. I can get the bootloader screen but not really much else. I have tried the cable in a different usb port in case it may have been that but still no joy. I notice when it does the very initial boot thing, it says wrong image. I have also tried booting the phone normally but it gets to the loading screen then goes blank and if I press the wake button it still shows the boot screen.

Any ideas?? I think the phone is ok, looks like a software problem and I havent the foggiest how to get round this:(

Edited by lazyeejay

Guest lazyeejay
Yes, i recommend you to try this. http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...e-without-a-pc/

You don't need a pc anymore to start in recovery mode and flash any rom of your choice!

You can also try Rom Manager from the market. With it you can start in recovery mode from your device and flash any rom.

Thanks for that but it says E: failed to open sdcard/update.zip (No such file or directory) E: signature verifcation failed Installation aborted:(

Any other ideas please???

Guest absinthemeninded
Thanks for that but it says E: failed to open sdcard/update.zip (No such file or directory) E: signature verifcation failed Installation aborted:(

You need to rename the file that you download to "update.zip" before you add it to your sd card. Note that if you have file extensions hidden on your operating system the .zip part will be added automatically so you should only re-name it "update".

Guest Attitudes

U havent downloaded the ClockworkMod from inside RomManager, do that and reboot.

Guest lazyeejay

A MASSIVE thank you to everyone who helped me with this problem, my desire is up and running again!!! :P I appreciate all your help and advice.

absinthemeninded - Thank you :)

Shizophren - Thank you :D

Attitudes - Thank you :D