Goodbye Pulse :(

Guest Thomas55

Guest david_dawkins
Why's everyone leaving :sadface:

Because it's a cheap, barely-adequate phone. It's only acceptable because of the price. No big surprise.

Guest flip360

nobody is leaving, they are just looking for a "better" replacement for the pulse (more responsive scrolling? hahaha) which in return will strike you on your pocket, hard :D Me for one would like to get myself an N1 or a HTC Desire, but the Pulse opened the Android doors for me and finding this wonderfull community :D I wouldnt leave just for some more ram, sorry

Guest DanWilson

Dawg, people can't stay for ever, I'm sure at some point, there'll be 5 people left on the Pulse forum, and none of them will have Pulses. No-one can keep the same phone forever (except as a spare). Hell, maybe at some point, I'll be the last person on the Pulse forum, and I can go off-topic as much as I like! :D

Guest johninho
GOT MY REPLACEMENT PHONE FROM T-MOBILE!!!

MOTC140.jpg

Motorola C140

Processor - Elderly mouse

RAM - RAM? What RAM?

Screen - Crap.

Sound quality - Don't ask.

LOL. When my Pulse went back for repair on Friday, I asked why the loan phones were so bad.

Apparently they used to have better ones but people were abusing them by taking rude pictures and leaving them on the phone. The wipe process they used in store wasn't fully clearing phone and the next recipient of the loan phone was then putting in a complaint about the obscene images :D Also, people were pinching them and saying they'd been lost.

I've got an old SPVC550 Windows Mobile phone that just about gets me by (trade in value last checked online as £3.50!!!).

p.s. As much as I've enjoyed the Pulse as an entry level introduction to Android, I'm pretty sure I'm going for a Samsung Galaxy S at Christmas.

Guest arlindo.costa
Dawg, people can't stay for ever, I'm sure at some point, there'll be 5 people left on the Pulse forum, and none of them will have Pulses. No-one can keep the same phone forever (except as a spare). Hell, maybe at some point, I'll be the last person on the Pulse forum, and I can go off-topic as much as I like! :D

At the moment there are a lot of u8230's using these forums from a number of countries so maybe the Modaco Pulse Forum will survive in one form or another :D ...

Guest david_dawkins
At the moment there are a lot of u8230's using these forums from a number of countries so maybe the Modaco Pulse Forum will survive in one form or another :D ...

It's the Sinclair ZX 81/Spectrum of Android phones; cheap, entry-level kit that attracted an enthusiastic community. We'll see it displayed in the London Science Museum next to the Acorn Electron and BBC Micro in 5 years.

Guest arlindo.costa
It's the Sinclair ZX 81/Spectrum of Android phones; cheap, entry-level kit that attracted an enthusiastic community. We'll see it displayed in the London Science Museum next to the Acorn Electron and BBC Micro in 5 years.

:D :D ;) :D

EDIT: I hope so... don't how many of this years phones will still be in use in 5 years time?

Edited by arlindo.costa

Guest DanWilson
LOL. When my Pulse went back for repair on Friday, I asked why the loan phones were so bad.

Apparently they used to have better ones but people were abusing them by taking rude pictures and leaving them on the phone. The wipe process they used in store wasn't fully clearing phone and the next recipient of the loan phone was then putting in a complaint about the obscene images :D Also, people were pinching them and saying they'd been lost.

I've got an old SPVC550 Windows Mobile phone that just about gets me by (trade in value last checked online as £3.50!!!).

p.s. As much as I've enjoyed the Pulse as an entry level introduction to Android, I'm pretty sure I'm going for a Samsung Galaxy S at Christmas.

Ah. I see. So it's the other fools making me get the phone that my dad found on ebay for £1! I'm saddened. I can't take rude photos on my phone with no camera, no USB cable, no storage, and no picture viewer...

I hope to get a new phone before Christmas, but I won't get a Galaxy S - have you seen Pauls? Its a mess

Lulz.

Guest flip360

LOL :D

Guest Azurren
Would a HTC hero be a big enough upgrade compared to the pulse, or does that also run like crap?

Honestly.. Yes..

Don't make the mistake of judging Android with the Pulse!

It's like judging a game on a PC that doesn't meet the minimum system requirements :D

(The Pulse and the G1)

Guest screwface

I'm not ditching the pulse untill gingerbread, dual core processor's and something else that wow's me come's out.

The pulse does everything i currently need to do.

Guest david_dawkins
I'm not ditching the pulse untill gingerbread, dual core processor's and something else that wow's me come's out.

The pulse does everything i currently need to do.

It's more likely the USB charge socket will break before then. You heard it here first.

Lulz. Does the touchscreen work?

the Hero has 2.1. Official 2.1

Keep the Pulse as a spare phone! I'm going to do that!

Hell, I found a deal for 2 Galaxy Portals in trade of an iPhone 3GS. The guy said nothing about it being working (it's backlight fails epically).

Now to see if my dad will offer the guy (iPhone dude) £50 on ebay. I'll give my dad the spare Portal in return. Their worth at least £100 on Gumtree!

/Conspiracy mode OFF

Yes the screen works (I think). It wont power on anymore but after it went swimming in the sink it worked for about another day until I had to charge it.

Martin

Guest wassupjg
Honestly.. Yes..

Don't make the mistake of judging Android with the Pulse!

It's like judging a game on a PC that doesn't meet the minimum system requirements :D

(The Pulse and the G1)

I've got the Hero now but the Pulse is a damn good phone which I'll always be happy to have had, I think it comes down to how much you paid for it - got for £90 in December when T-mobile were having a 33% off day.

I understand the argument you've been giving, but on the flipside there are many good points like the great large responsive screen, inclusion of all the good stuff - Wifi, 3G, GPS, bluetooth; it really does come down to how much you paid and what your expectations were. It's been a decent introduction to Android. I have to admit though, if it wasn't for Paul's, Flibblesan's and many others work, having the T-mobile stock ROM would have driven me mad.

All in all (for me) it's been a great purchase, in fact one of the best I've made so far.

Guest Daniel Williamson
I've got the Hero now but the Pulse is a damn good phone which I'll always be happy to have had, I think it comes down to how much you paid for it - got for £90 in December when T-mobile were having a 33% off day.

I understand the argument you've been giving, but on the flipside there are many good points like the great large responsive screen, inclusion of all the good stuff - Wifi, 3G, GPS, bluetooth; it really does come down to how much you paid and what your expectations were. It's been a decent introduction to Android. I have to admit though, if it wasn't for Paul's, Flibblesan's and many others work, having the T-mobile stock ROM would have driven me mad.

All in all (for me) it's been a great purchase, in fact one of the best I've made so far.

I totally agree with this, hell its even lead me down a career path :D I now want to go into software development and are going to be studying it at University, i normally buy a new phone every year and thats just the way i am. I like having the latest/best gadgets out there and this is the only reason im giving the pulse up, i knew when i bought it that there were other alternatives around but just didnt have the money.

And agreeing with the above, it has been my best phone purchase today, for value of money its great :D

Dan

Guest TheBrownBottle

I agree, I don't think I could justify spending a huge amount on the phone so the pulse has been a great buy for me. Comparing all the new budget Android phones is all well and good but the're 6 months late and as we all know tech moves at such a pace. In 6 months time those phones will be crap just like the pulse :D

Guest Speckles
We are not leaving, we are just buying new phones :D

I don't think I could justify spending a huge amount on the phone so the pulse has been a great buy for me.

I sold my unopened brand new (free with contract) Pulse for £120 on ebay, I bought a Galaxy S for £275 on ebay, so it really only cost me £155 which I thought was worth it, plus it saved me the hassle of typing my bank account details into Paypal (to withdraw the funds).