Clean install - paid apps unsearchable

Guest Emperork

Guest Emperork

I was running rooted 2.1 and then did a clean install to 2.2.

I went to marketplace, and SOME of my previously paid for apps showed up as 'purchased' which I then reinstalled fine, but a lot of the rest are not even appearing when I search for them, although their free demo versions do appear.

My google checkout lists all the apps I paid for no problems when I look at purchase history on a computer, but still, I cannot even search for these paid apps, let alone attempt to install them!

Anyone had any experience of this oddity?

Guest PhilA
I was running rooted 2.1 and then did a clean install to 2.2.

I went to marketplace, and SOME of my previously paid for apps showed up as 'purchased' which I then reinstalled fine, but a lot of the rest are not even appearing when I search for them, although their free demo versions do appear.

My google checkout lists all the apps I paid for no problems when I look at purchase history on a computer, but still, I cannot even search for these paid apps, let alone attempt to install them!

Anyone had any experience of this oddity?

Yep, I've got a few too (Radio Time and Remote for iTunes). I suspect they're not tagged as compatible with Froyo so they don't show but I don't know for sure

EDIT

I contacted the author of Remote for iTunes and got the following reply:

Please contact Google - apparently they have not updated their database to allow HTC Desire phones with 2.2 to see protected apps in the Market. Unfortunately, this issue is out of our control.

That's a very annoying issue that will hopefully be sorted soon...

Edited by PhilA

Guest Emperork
Yep, I've got a few too (Radio Time and Remote for iTunes). I suspect they're not tagged as compatible with Froyo so they don't show but I don't know for sure

but that would just be crazy with the sheer amount of apps that i have installed.

here is my checkout history:

Live Apps Ltd - Official Bloodstock Festival View Order

HyperBees Ltd. - Speedx 3D View Order

Sim Productions - Boot Animation Changer Pro View Order

ESC Mobile - Bubble Reaction! (Full) View Order

EM - BasketBall View Order

Smartpix Games - Jewellust View Order

Speed Software - Root Explorer (File Manager) View Order

ScoreService Ltd - FotMob Pro 4.7 View Order

Kec Kode - Ultimate Profile View Order

Pants Software - Soccer Score Centre View Order

Lupis Labs - Robo Defense View Order

Che - What the Doodle!? View Order

Patchwork Games - Droid Mini Golf - PRO View Order

Psym Mobile Pty Ltd - Abduction! World Attack View Order

of the above, speedx 3d, soccer score centre, robo defense was listed as purchased and therefore i could reinstall them with no problems.

100% of my free apps were searchable and installable!

Guest Emperork

yea, it seems like another guy on another forum i posted on thinks the same thing. I will keep you posted on what happens over the next few days.

Guest PhilA

Will do. Not seeing them yet, though. I've fired a mail off to HTC asking when it will be resolved, but I guess it's out of their hands really

Guest Emperork

I have managed to get around this by signing up to appbrain.com. It's an app website that can sync with your phone using google account, and then you can forcibly push downloads onto the phone. They show up as 'purchased' and then can be installed with no problems.

I'm sure google ppl will sort this out for other users, but for now, this is the solution.

All sorted 100%!