blacklisted htc desire

Guest psykodellic

Guest psykodellic

basicly i bought my htc desire off ebay and its been blacklisted. is there anyway of un-blacklisting it?

and much thanks to everyone that helped to fix my usb brick problem :)

Guest acolwill
basicly i bought my htc desire off ebay and its been blacklisted. is there anyway of un-blacklisting it?

and much thanks to everyone that helped to fix my usb brick problem :)

In a nutshell, no.

Guest PhilA

The most common reason for a phone to be blacklisted is because it's been reported lost or stolen - I'd advise raising a complaint with eBay and/or PayPal to see if you can get your money refunded.

The only way to get around it is to change the IMEI number, but be aware that the penalties for changing an IMEI on a mobile phone in the UK are very, very severe: You can get 5 years behind bars for changing an IMEI or offering to change an IMEI for someone, so I'd strongly recommend you don't try that option!

Guest psykodellic
The most common reason for a phone to be blacklisted is because it's been reported lost or stolen - I'd advise raising a complaint with eBay and/or PayPal to see if you can get your money refunded.

The only way to get around it is to change the IMEI number, but be aware that the penalties for changing an IMEI on a mobile phone in the UK are very, very severe: You can get 5 years behind bars for changing an IMEI or offering to change an IMEI for someone, so I'd strongly recommend you don't try that option!

shhhiiiitttt i didnt no tht, ive been tryin 2 do tht all night, thanks pal u litterally just saved my arse haha

Guest merlin051

It is possible for the operator to un-blacklist it if its reported 'found' again, but then you'd have stolen property that they will most likely want back.

If paypal/ebay turns out to be a dead end might be worth giving the operator a ring as you don't want to be messing with changing imeis.

In the past with T Mobile, when company phones have been reported lost/stolen they get blacklisted, but then sometimes when a phone just 'turns up' <usually when the person who stole it realises its a dud>it can then be un-blacklisted.

Guest tone-fu

Yeah +1 for contacting eBay. Tell them you want to send it back as it's not as described. Then open a dispute. The seller will have 7 days to take the item back and issue you with a refund or eBay will issue you with the refund upon evidence that the item has been sent back to the vendor (a tracking number, which shows it's been signed for). You'll get your money back because it doesn't bode well for eBay to be selling stolen goods and getting their users f**ked over.

I'd also contact the filth and tell them about the seller.