So what does the official 2.2 ROM have that Paul's R5/R6 didn't?

Guest le_lutin

Guest le_lutin

I'm currently on Paul's R6 and wondering if there will be much to gain by upgrading to Paul's next release. Did the new official 2.2 ROM bring anything new to the table? Any performance increases?

Guest Sausage
I'm currently on Paul's R6 and wondering if there will be much to gain by upgrading to Paul's next release. Did the new official 2.2 ROM bring anything new to the table? Any performance increases?

Main point is global fluidity : much better on official froyo.....better battery life and faster on Internet too.....it's a must have ! I was on r5, but I'm sure the improvement will be the same if you come from r6....

Edited by Sausage

Guest le_lutin
Main point is global fluidity : much better on official froyo.....better battery life and faster on Internet too.....it's a must have ! I was on r5, but I'm sure the improvement will be the same if you come from r6....

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know.

Guest HearThatVoiceAgain

An official OTA is ALWAYS going to be better than ROMS made from leaked versions (unless they make no changes between the leak an official release). Consider that the reason there is a gap between the release of a new Android Build and the release of an update for a specific phone is that the OEM is optimising the drivers that sit between OS and phone and in the case of Sense (or other skinned UI's) optimising the UI to work with the new build. All Paul's builds have been based off of earlier stages in this process. Now that HTC are happy to release it to the public, it must be "ready for Primetime". I didn't bother to update from r5 to r6 (as I was happy were I was), but once Paul finishes work on the build (Hopefully today) I will be straight into that kitchen.

Edited by HearThatVoiceAgain

Guest PhilA

The main thing I noticed different was that the keyboard on the official release still has the hide keyboard button on it, whereas it's missing from the R5/R6 ROMS.

Missing from the official rom that is in the R5/R6 rom are (that I can remember) the car panel, voice dialing via bluetooth and (annoyingly at the moment) access to protected apps in the marketplace

Guest Termi

I think the 720p-Camcorder is better on this official OTA... 22fps, don't know how much fps the R5/R6 did... but in my opinion, it's better now....

Guest V I R U S

I'm waiting for Paul's release cause i dont like stuff like twitter, facebook and others, which i don't use anyway. So, if i don't use it, why do it have to run on my system and draw my battery? So, that's my point!

Guest hensk
I think the 720p-Camcorder is better on this official OTA... 22fps, don't know how much fps the R5/R6 did... but in my opinion, it's better now....

when I see this video ,I thing your (meaning Modaco rom )are way forword from others

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLmvRSxgtd8

I also like to ask is this real Modaco job ,or somebody have play with us

cause 720p video is awesome

Edited by hensk