Simple question re upgrading to Froyo

Guest flamethrower

Guest flamethrower

hey all

I have my desire rooted and debranded, I am interested in updating to 2.2 but unsure if I can just get the OTA update or I should use a custom rom from here.

If I decide to use a custom rom, which is the best way to load it on my rooted desire?

many thanks

Guest Asselberghs

I´d recommend you just wait for Pauls Costum Rom based on Froyo.

Upgrading the rom is just a re-flashing with the new zip file.

Over the last couple of days I´ve written quite a bit about Android on my blog, amoung other how to root a Htc Desire and flash a ROM.

Maybe you can use that blog.asselberghs.dk

Or just search the forum for a guide.

If you want the OTA search MoDaCo for unrooting guide.

Edited by Asselberghs

Guest flamethrower

thanks for the reply, i think i will wait for pauls image and just flash that

last question.. do i use clockwork mod to flash it? (since i rooted i have forgotten everything i learnt!)

Guest Asselberghs
thanks for the reply, i think i will wait for pauls image and just flash that

last question.. do i use clockwork mod to flash it? (since i rooted i have forgotten everything i learnt!)

Apparently you haven´t m8:) because yes you use clockwork mod to install the zip that contains the new rom:)

You can take a look at my blog there you´ll find a link to a guide on how to flash a rom on HTC Desire:)

Guest flamethrower

thanks Asselberghs

One more question, I think i want to wipe and reinstall... how would I do this? I assume boot to a menu, wipe, then reboot into another menu and then load rom?

Would anyone be so kind to offer me a link to a guide showing this, or one giving me more information?

many thanks

Guest charlie_boy
thanks Asselberghs

One more question, I think i want to wipe and reinstall... how would I do this? I assume boot to a menu, wipe, then reboot into another menu and then load rom?

Would anyone be so kind to offer me a link to a guide showing this, or one giving me more information?

many thanks

If using rom manager from the market just press "install new rom from sd", select your zip, tick the wipe ckeck box. Your phone will reboot and install the rom

Edited by charlie_boy