Orange UK Goldcard Problem!

Guest xenos123

Guest xenos123

Well I'm stuck at the first hurdle!

goldcard_error.png

Anybody got a clue? Followed #3 in this guide.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=696189

Have a standard branded Orange UK handset.

I think the problem may be 64 bit windows? I have also tried the root part on my mac and can't get it to do jack, typed 'cd **DROPFOLDERINTERMINALWINDOW**' to navigate to it in terminal and then running the .sh file it says it doesn't exist. Is it Linux live CD time or am I missing something obvious, I'm fairly satisfied it's not going to work at all on OS X.

Thanks!

Edited by xenos123

Guest klutsh
Well I'm stuck at the first hurdle!

...snip...

Have a standard branded Orange UK handset.

I think the problem may be 64 bit windows? I have also tried the root part on my mac and can't get it to do jack, typed 'cd **DROPFOLDERINTERMINALWINDOW**' to navigate to it in terminal and then running the .sh file it says it doesn't exist. Linux live CD time or am I missing something obvious, I'm fairly satisfied it's not going to work at all on OS X.

Thanks!

You might want to start with the r6 recovery.

From that it also looks like you de-branded and took the recent Froyo OTA update, if that's the case then currently you have lost any chance of rooting.

Edited by klutsh

Guest xenos123
You might want to start with the r6 recovery.

From that it also looks like you de-branded and took the recent Froyo OTA update, if that's the case then currently you have lost any chance of rooting.

I haven't touched Froyo! It still boots fine I just can't get the damn Goldcard to work! Still on Orange 1.15..

Edited by xenos123

Guest TheScrub
I haven't touched Froyo! It still boots fine I just can't get the damn Goldcard to work! Still on Orange 1.15..

Save yourself a load of time and burn a ubuntu live cd, boot into that and run the linux method. Trust me, getting it to work on Windows x64 is just not worth the effort! :)

Guest klutsh
Save yourself a load of time and burn a ubuntu live cd, boot into that and run the linux method. Trust me, getting it to work on Windows x64 is just not worth the effort! :)

r6 works fine on Windows 7 x64, although I do think a Ubuntu CD & using unrEVOked 3.1 may be a better option for you, single click & flashes a permanent hacked recovery and no need for a GoldCard.

Guest xenos123

Thanks for the suggestions, I've downloaded a couple of guides and relevant files and will have a go when I'm away over the next few days!

..Hopefully by this time next week there will be a nice Modaco version of Froyo waiting for me :)

Edited by xenos123