2.2 Froyo update on debranded orange

Guest fastyan

Guest fastyan

hi, i've been reading a few posts etc about taking the 2.2 update so thought I would post my experiences. before i took the OTA update to 2.2 my phone was unlocked (not rooted) and I had reflashed to standard stock ROM to remove all the orange branding etc. the radio was at version 32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11 (this was updated a few weeks ago by another OTA update). I removed my sim and left my gold card in and the update went on with no issues what so ever.

so far so good and not found any issues, the only thing I have noticed is that when i go back into the market and select downloads then the only one showing is maps. all my other applications are missing however are still installed and working. today I uninstalled 1 of my applications and then reinstalled it and all of a sudden all my apps appeared back in my download list (not sure what could cause that).

Guest charlie_boy
hi, i've been reading a few posts etc about taking the 2.2 update so thought I would post my experiences. before i took the OTA update to 2.2 my phone was unlocked (not rooted) and I had reflashed to standard stock ROM to remove all the orange branding etc. the radio was at version 32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11 (this was updated a few weeks ago by another OTA update). I removed my sim and left my gold card in and the update went on with no issues what so ever.

so far so good and not found any issues, the only thing I have noticed is that when i go back into the market and select downloads then the only one showing is maps. all my other applications are missing however are still installed and working. today I uninstalled 1 of my applications and then reinstalled it and all of a sudden all my apps appeared back in my download list (not sure what could cause that).

Broken market links. You'll have to do this for all your apps now.