Official FROYO Update - NOW AVAILABLE !!

Guest ajnabi

Guest ajnabi

Hi,

I have just updated my unbranded UK Desire to Froyo via OTA.

I done this manually. Goto Applications --> Settings --> Software Update --> Check now

After 30 seconds I got a system message that version 2.xxxx was available for download.

It's 90Mb, and need at least 25mb free space on the phone, so I had to uninstall a few apps.

I updated my Desire 2am this morning :D

It's got a cool HTC flashlight app which allows to turn on flash at different levels, and has a cool MAGLITE torch picture where press the on on/off button

It's also got Google Talke, New Video app, that I noticed, then I fell asleep..... :)

Edited by ajnabi

Guest Invisible Elf

Not trying to be mean or anything but this is kind of old news and I'm pretty sure it's been all over this forum already :)

Guest ajnabi
Not trying to be mean or anything but this is kind of old news and I'm pretty sure it's been all over this forum already :D

HHmm... I thought now one was able to download it. Perhaps my excitment at 2am in the morning got the better of me...... :)

Guest charlie_boy
HHmm... I thought now one was able to download it. Perhaps my excitment at 2am in the morning got the better of me...... :)

My concern for you is that if you hadn't understood that all the rooted 2.2 Roms included this then you probably don't know that there is a good chance you can no longer root.

Edited by charlie_boy

Hi,

I have just updated my unbranded UK Desire to Froyo via OTA.

I done this manually. Goto Applications --> Settings --> Software Update --> Check now

After 30 seconds I got a system message that version 2.xxxx was available for download.

It's 90Mb, and need at least 25mb free space on the phone, so I had to uninstall a few apps.

I updated my Desire 2am this morning :D

It's got a cool HTC flashlight app which allows to turn on flash at different levels, and has a cool MAGLITE torch picture where press the on on/off button

It's also got Google Talke, New Video app, that I noticed, then I fell asleep..... :)

have you been kept hostage the last 3 days in some cave in afghanistan? Even the forum is full of 2.2-update(problems). How for gods sake did you think you were the first getting official froyo update???

Edited by pina

Guest dchuraman
and has a cool MAGLITE torch picture where press the on on/off button

dunno about anyone else but thats the only reason I want the new ROM!! :)

Guest mrshark
My concern for you is that if you hadn't understood that all the rooted 2.2 Roms included this then you probably don't know that there is a good chance you can no longer root.

for what he's done, a picture is worth a thousand words: taglionetto.gif

Edited by mrshark

Guest charlie_boy
Now now, let's play nice.

He's just as excited as we all are :)

Yeah, no need to extract the urine. He made a blunder of a post. We all get things wrong once in a while. Maybe he's not interested in rooting either.

Guest ajnabi
i only hope in a root for this ota..

Well, I was working all weekend, so out of touch with the world!!

I'm not really interested in rooting, however, i'm sure Paul will crack official OTA FROYO very soon, if he already hasn't done so.

My only concern with my Desire was installing Apps on the SD, which Froyo has fixed, to a certain degree. I know all apps cannot be moved to SD Card unless updated to accommodate.

Thanks.

P.S. Be gentle, i'm new to this forum business :)

Guest Sover3igN

Well.. I am asking for the device to check for updates.

Seems nogo there. INstalled 2.2 custome. Does that have anything to do with it?

Is there any way I can download it myself and the install as an update.zip via the SD card?

Never mind: http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...upport-802-11n/

Edited by Sover3igN