I9000XWJM2 battery drain?

Guest masi0

Guest masi0

Hi, I am newbie in Galaxy but today I have flashed I9000XWJM2 rom which I have found very nice and stable (and working Exchange as well!!). I've applied root + lag fix, however I have noticed significant battery drain :D

All push sync are off, my mailbox is set to every 1hr and fb once a day (i have checked my wifi router stats as well and no traffic is going from the phone - to be sure its not in permament sync).

I have flashed the ROM using Odin with JM2 modem and csc file - is it possible that those files are caused battery drain?

If so - can i flash just modem and csc from JG5?

Anything? :)

Guest DistortedLoop
Hi, I am newbie in Galaxy but today I have flashed I9000XWJM2 rom which I have found very nice and stable (and working Exchange as well!!). I've applied root + lag fix, however I have noticed significant battery drain :D

All push sync are off, my mailbox is set to every 1hr and fb once a day (i have checked my wifi router stats as well and no traffic is going from the phone - to be sure its not in permament sync).

I have flashed the ROM using Odin with JM2 modem and csc file - is it possible that those files are caused battery drain?

If so - can i flash just modem and csc from JG5?

Anything? :)

Have you looked in the Settings/About/Battery menu to see what exactly is sucking down juice? Anything stand out there like more display usage than you recall? Remember, you can tap on any of those % indicators to get more details (example, I just checked mine, display = 49% of used juice, and when I tap Display, it pulls up a details screen that shows 23 minutes of display being active since last unplugged).

Do you have active widgets? Some of them suck down juice doing syncs you may not even think of.

Guest masi0
Have you looked in the Settings/About/Battery menu to see what exactly is sucking down juice? Anything stand out there like more display usage than you recall? Remember, you can tap on any of those % indicators to get more details (example, I just checked mine, display = 49% of used juice, and when I tap Display, it pulls up a details screen that shows 23 minutes of display being active since last unplugged).

Do you have active widgets? Some of them suck down juice doing syncs you may not even think of.

No strange widgets sucking juice and no any push sync at all...

Pity 'coz JM2 had two good features that JG5 didn't have - 10m accuracy in the GPS (worked better with my Navigon on motorways) and working Exchange sync...

Guest DistortedLoop
No strange widgets sucking juice and no any push sync at all...

Pity 'coz JM2 had two good features that JG5 didn't have - 10m accuracy in the GPS (worked better with my Navigon on motorways) and working Exchange sync...

So what are the percentages in About reporting? What's sucking up the juice according to that?

Guest masi0
So what are the percentages in About reporting? What's sucking up the juice according to that?

display uses about 4%, mobile network standby is the most (about 35%)

Guest Compuse

those are terrible stats; mine, after a day, is around 2/3rd Display, +1/6th Mobile standby, -1/6th Phone standby and around 1/12th System and apps

That's with maybe around 15 minutes of experimental youtube =/ Having several rss and weather feeds on the background but no prolauncher

edit; wasa slow day, about 5 minutes of calling

Edited by Compuse

Guest masi0
those are terrible stats; mine, after a day, is around 2/3rd Display, +1/6th Mobile standby, -1/6th Phone standby and around 1/12th System and apps

That's with maybe around 15 minutes of experimental youtube =/ Having several rss and weather feeds on the background but no prolauncher

edit; wasa slow day, about 5 minutes of calling

I am having similar scores on JG5 while the battery is not eaten that much. Phone was charged 32 hours ago when I have 67% of battery yet, with BT/Wifi on and email sync and 1+ hr of phone calls and sms's