Creating a Goldcard without Device

Guest chessmaster82

Guest chessmaster82

I've recently upgraded to OTA Froyo with a debranded Orange non rooted htc desire without the goldcard in the phone. This has essentiallly bricked my phone with no access to SD, WI-FI, GSM and keeps rebooting every couple of minutes. I've tred creating new goldcards using two sd cards but they give me something which looks like this 00A600D117E949000000000000000000 as a CID reversed.

I've tried running multiple RUU's with no luck, the closest I have come with anything is running an UPDATE file, which loads but when the phone reboots after installation it goes to a 1-100% counter thingy, which comes up with wait or force close after 10-15% and only gets to about 90% then reboots and tries again and again, so its stuck in a rebooting loop.

Im thinking the problem lies with my goldcard, even though I have tried two different cards now but both CID have almost 50% of zeros (00A600D117E949000000000000000000)in them which I dont think is right.

Is there a way I can create a goldcard without my device? Im thinking my device wont let me create working goldcards anymore...

I might be able to borrow someones HTC, if I do ill create a new goldcard with there device, but for now im completly screwed!

Guest chessmaster82
Thats good, is everything all working now?

Yeah the update file I ran was 2.2, so I now have Froyo I believe running perfectly so far. So chuffed to have my phone working again.

Thanks for the link