Android app LauncherPro?

Guest afolery

Guest afolery

Hey, i just read an review about LuancherPro.LauncherPro is an easy-to-use file and application shortcut manager that can launch all kinds of files and programs. Drag-and-drop operations are supported when editing items shown in the Launcher open and launch menu in system tray. It is possible to create shortcuts by dragging files from e.g. Windows Desktop and Windows File Explorer followed by dropping them into the Launcher Manage Items configuration window for menus and shortcuts. One can create an unlimited amount of user defined sub-folders and item shortcuts to documents and applications.

Here is a pic of LuancherPro, do you use it? what do you think of it?

LaucherPro_thumb.jpg

Guest RevoWution
Hey, i just read an review about LuancherPro.LauncherPro is an easy-to-use file and application shortcut manager that can launch all kinds of files and programs. Drag-and-drop operations are supported when editing items shown in the Launcher open and launch menu in system tray. It is possible to create shortcuts by dragging files from e.g. Windows Desktop and Windows File Explorer followed by dropping them into the Launcher Manage Items configuration window for menus and shortcuts. One can create an unlimited amount of user defined sub-folders and item shortcuts to documents and applications.

Here is a pic of LuancherPro, do you use it? what do you think of it?

LaucherPro_thumb.jpg

Love it. Totally replaced HTC Sense on my phone :)

Guest RODNiC

Nice app which I've been using instead of Sense for the last month as I wanted to try a Sense-less Rom..

Does the work more then well, especially since now they are adding HTC-looking widgets as an extra..

Still, would recommend it more for a Nexus 1 or something that got no Sense option, as Sense is still more polished and they both would use memory.. so night aswell go back to a Sense enabled Rom on my next wipe :-)

Guest skinnypupp

I don't get why you would replace Sense with a Sense replica, and like it more because you can replace the Sense widgets with Sense widget replicas. What is the point?

You are right about one thing though: Senseless

Edited by skinnypupp

Guest Abnormal1

The main reason I use it instead of sense is the dock bar.

Being able to have 5 buttons on the dock bar has freed up more space on the rest of my home screen. Plus the dock bar can be setup to swipe left and right through different dock bars just like with home screens and the latest feature allows upward swipe of a dock bar button to perform a different action. i.e press email button to launch mail or swipe email button up for gmail.

Oh also there seems to be more widgets appearing in market with scrolling that as far as I know does not work on sense but does work on launcher pro and a few others.

Guest dchuraman

this isnt a sense replica, its just a very smooth launcher, personally the best one out there. So fast and no lag, everything is customisable, even the opening of the app drawer speed. the dock is probably the best feature, and can be swiped left and right to get extra icons, independently of swiping between homescreens. you can also have any number of homescreens up to 7, all your settings can be backed up so you dont have to recreate your homescreens each time you put a new rom on, which is very useful for me.

head over to the forums at launcher pro to see some of the other features, and just try it to see how fast it is. the developer always puts speed first and then develops the features, he wont do anything that compromises the speed

Guest Nemesii
Nice app which I've been using instead of Sense for the last month as I wanted to try a Sense-less Rom..

Does the work more then well, especially since now they are adding HTC-looking widgets as an extra..

Still, would recommend it more for a Nexus 1 or something that got no Sense option, as Sense is still more polished and they both would use memory.. so night aswell go back to a Sense enabled Rom on my next wipe :-)

Go into settings, applications, manage applications and go to the running ones, find rosie and force stop it and the sense home won't ever use memory again (well at least until you change back :)) Rosie is the Home screen app, don't stop the HTC Sense app :S

I think launcherpro is amazing and much better than sense - for the dock alone! Having five buttons at the bottom that I can customise and set so they have ten possible actions is awesome, plus they list if you have any missed calls or unread emails or sms messages (there is a little number next to the icon.) The sense dock has the phone, the app drawer and that totally useless + sign to add widgets and shortcuts to the dock.

Plus launcherpro allows scrolling apps, which works excellently with Pure Agenda Widget or Android Agenda Widget.

Guest renegade027

The home screens rotation thing is also attractive, but doesn't work that well if you have five lines of icons.

Overall, one of the nicer launcher options. It could get quite sluggish, though, if you don't figure out the right memory/app settings. Take a look at this:

http://www.launcherpro.com/forum/viewtopic...=sluggish#p7438

On the third page, someone comes with a stable(ish) Droid settings matrix, that works OK on the Desire too.