connectivity

Guest simonastro

Guest simonastro

Another software tempter from the IA Album product blurb

"If you have a built-in or plugged-in digital camera, the Camera mode is available."

wouldn't it be nice to be able to cable the nikon mini port (to usb) on my coolpix 775 to the spv port ?

I should think so.

xx :roll:

Guest HelloDave

Why, what's wrong with your digicam?! It's theoretically possible I suppose, but not easy! I don't know if your digicam's USB port is designed for realtime display of the current image, but even if it was you'd need a driver for the SPV and I don't think that's going to happen! Don't forget the SPV's "USB" port is actually a serial one and runs very slowly (115Kbps) so the image on the phone wouldn't update any quicker than the built in camera anyway; the only solution would be to use SDIO. Has your digicam got an IR port? It would be a lot easier to take the photo on the camera and then beam it to the SPV!

Judging by your previous posts, are you sure you wouldn't be better off with a sub-notebook (Vaio, Portege) than an SPV? You seem to want your phone to act as a MiniDisc replacement and deal with high quality digital photos! :)

Guest simonastro

You're right I do seem to be getting ahead of myself.

All this convergance technology and I'm thinking the poor spv should be all singing all dancing.

I still would like to know the audio specs.

Maybe I'm just p*ssed off cos the p800 has handwriting recognition!

Maybe I'm just one of those never-satisfied.

Maybe I'm the man from SENDO !

Jesting aside I am truely amazed by the spv's capabilities just disappointed by the lack of information.

cheers