Record It

Guest PaulOBrien

recordit1.pngrecordit2.png

Update: Read this post!

Welcome to 'Paul's App of the Day', where I pick one of my favourite apps as featured app of the day! Today's app is...

Record It

What they say

Forgot to Record a Sky+ programme?
Allows you to search TV Listings + send a FREE Record cmd to Sky+ box. You must register with Sky for Sky Remote Record.

The original for Android! Built for Speed and Stability!

What we say

This is a must have for me... i'm often seeing stuff I want to record on an ad or in a friends TV guide and Record It allows me to set up the recording immediately using Sky's Remote Record service. The ability to set up recording when out and about is great but it's a useful TV guide app too.

Permissions

INTERNET / WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE

Download

View Record It at AppBrain

Direct Market Link (for on device)

View on Android Market

QRcode

To use, install 'Barcode Scanner' from the Android Market.

recordit.qrcode.png

Price

£2.89

Market star rating at time of writing

4.69 (464 ratings)

Version at time of writing

Similar / Alternative apps

If you don't need the Remote Record functionality, What's On by the same author is a good TV Guide application. Although Record It was the first to offer this functionality, other alternatives are now available including Sky Remote Record (unofficial) and Remote Recorder.

Suggested improvements for the next version

My main issues are with the Sky service rather than the app (no ability to set season passes, no way to cancel recordings, no way to view current recordings). I guess the app could 'emulate' a season pass function, that'd be cool...

Have your say

Fan of Record It? Found something better? Just wanna share your experiences? Post below! :)

Guest andycqos
yea the official sky+ app is much better and free! :)

The official app might be free, but how is it better?

Doesnt support landscape view, limited to 10 requests per day and no "schedule" view. Doesnt sound better to me.

Guest Barbs80

i think the official sky one looks much nicer, unfortunately it still has the same limitations as Record It in that you can't do series link - only single programme and you can't cancel a record.

The official app might be free, but how is it better?

Doesnt support landscape view, limited to 10 requests per day and no "schedule" view. Doesnt sound better to me.

ok :)