Just cooked a wm6.1 rom, simply the best so far :)

Guest dreamtheater39

Guest dreamtheater39

Hey guys,

I just built myself a 6.1 rom - with a lot of optimization....and its clearly the best in terms of stability and performance! I dont know if i'd ever want to try a 6.5 rom after using this!

Here's some thinking around this that i'd like to throw up for discussion -

1. the key difference that 6.5 offers in comparison to 6.1 is memory management. Gives us 2 extra slots to dump modules into

But....as i see it, this is hardly bringing in any value on the b7610 in my opinion. our device loses almost 100 odd megs for reserved memory (dma buffers, radio, etc.) leaving us just 110-120megs of ram. And on top of this the OS (wm6.5) needs around 40megs to run. And then, samsung's customization - add a couple tens more! So this leaves us with just 40-45megs of free ram on boot (assuming you have your apps loaded). As we all know, MS has its own leaks and holes....and this 40megs drops to 25-30 over time and usage...this really kills the stability of the device imo!

So...is it really useful to get those 2 extra slots for modules? thats the question to ask!

2. UI improvements, skinning, swiping and finger friendly navigation

Here, I think 6.1 along with samsung's skinning more than covers it! For menus, fingersuite does a great job! Only downside is the main menu application - which sucks (for which i'm making my own main menu application with some nice animated backgrounds and a low memory app to replace the horrid samsungs menu app)

So, all in all, the wm6.5 menu improvements hardly adds any value to my usage - this after i've been using my wm6.1 rom with all tweaks!

Now for the advantages with my 6.1 rom -

1. BLAZING fast! Really....the 6.5 rom is no match truly

2. Rock stable - zero mem leaks - 3 days no soft reset...kill all apps, 55megs free ram guaranteed!

3. Unbelievable multitasking - load all apps you ever have on the device - everything hangs around in memory...and the device still performs like theres nothing loaded! truly fantastic! Also, it doesnt close apps in the background to free up ram like it happens in 6.5 (because it keeps running out of memory!)

4. Samsungs Lockscreen works perfectly :D

5. No app is running out of ram, everything you throw at it - behaves!

I'd like to hear your opinions on this guys! Im soooo sold on the 6.1 rom im running now, that i really really dont want to touch this :)

cheers,

San

Edited by dreamtheater39

Guest new2city

Hey Sans,

I am still using your 6.5 ROM and it is great. I won't mind trying your 6.1 either, however, it's been a long time since I use a 6.1(more than 2 years)... Just post your ROM and I will have a go..

regards,

Eugene

Guest Princeagarwal

hiiii

friend am using ur previous rom

its simply one of da best

i hav a request : can u include htc sense in ur new rom

also i need

Guest Princeagarwal

hiiii

friend am using ur previous rom

its simply one of da best

i hav a request : can u include htc sense in ur new rom

also i need gud multitasking so i'll b eagerly waiting for ur next release

tanx man

I am using daskalos's expt 36 ROM and I found it super-good. atm I am using it with trial of WAD and still getting more than 102mb free RAM.

This ROM is certainly the best I used it and I have no doubts if the new ROM is posted out here will turn out to equally good.

All the best.

Guest dreamtheater39

hey guys...will get it all cleaned up and make a build soon. im convinced personally that 6.1 with all the frills is the best right now :)

atleast in terms of stability and speed. ive been really busy these days....lots of work :|

working this saturday too....so things look a little sucky at the moment :D hopefully....will get something up by sunday.

here's whats planned -

1. fix some bugs in my current 6.1 rom (minor annoyances!)

2. pack fingersuite into the rom and get a better main menu!

3. enable threaded messaging

4. get wm6.5 settings and drivers into 6.1 rom

5. get rid of unwanted junk on the rom...clean up space

6. and of course, some more optimization

cheers, and sorry guys...to keep you waiting! just want to make a really nice rom for keeps - long term!

San

Edited by dreamtheater39

Guest shazzman69

Seriously Man. So super pumped for this ROM. cant wait until you launch it. I know it's time consuming so am patiently waiting, knawing on my keyboard in anxiety :)

Guest dreamtheater39

Sorry guys!!!! I just swapped my b7610 for a samsung galaxy s - android device!!! I'm really done with windows mobile - the crappiest OS ever for 2010 :D

i'd seriously suggest all you people go check out a galaxy s for atleast 10-15 minutes hands on - HANDS ON....and i'm sure you'll chuck your windows mobile devices in the sink immediately! The galaxy s is incredibly quick because of the humming bird processor - really really fast! and the UI and everything is soooo refined and polished - it makes windows mobile feel like a joke.

i've had winmo ever since 2001....and it was a really hard decision for me to switch - but i finally took the step - its been 3 days and im totally loving the andoid experience. make sure you check the galaxy S only....because this was the device which sold me! all other android devices were only so-so (either slow, or screen wasnt as awesome :D etc.)

android -

zero fuss device. turn on google maps - boom! lock in seconds, starts showing your location almost instantaneously....brilliant! no seeking satellites, download xtra data all the other bs.

everything works JUST brilliant....zero slowdowns! go check out asphalt 5 on the galaxy s - simply mind blowing!

ui is soooo refined - from boot up, to firmware update screens to settings to apps available - awesome!

true multi tasking!

amazing text input - landscape on screen keyboard with auto prediction - is wayyyyy quicker than my b7610s hw kb

this was probably my shortest ever owned device! 1 month....! i just threw it out the moment i used the galaxy s!

cheers guys, and really people....move out to the galaxy s or an equivalent android platform....winmo is really prehistoric!

San

Guest daskalos
Sorry guys!!!! I just swapped my b7610 for a samsung galaxy s - android device!!! I'm really done with windows mobile - the crappiest OS ever for 2010 :D

i'd seriously suggest all you people go check out a galaxy s for atleast 10-15 minutes hands on - HANDS ON....and i'm sure you'll chuck your windows mobile devices in the sink immediately! The galaxy s is incredibly quick because of the humming bird processor - really really fast! and the UI and everything is soooo refined and polished - it makes windows mobile feel like a joke.

i've had winmo ever since 2001....and it was a really hard decision for me to switch - but i finally took the step - its been 3 days and im totally loving the andoid experience. make sure you check the galaxy S only....because this was the device which sold me! all other android devices were only so-so (either slow, or screen wasnt as awesome :D etc.)

android -

zero fuss device. turn on google maps - boom! lock in seconds, starts showing your location almost instantaneously....brilliant! no seeking satellites, download xtra data all the other bs.

everything works JUST brilliant....zero slowdowns! go check out asphalt 5 on the galaxy s - simply mind blowing!

ui is soooo refined - from boot up, to firmware update screens to settings to apps available - awesome!

true multi tasking!

amazing text input - landscape on screen keyboard with auto prediction - is wayyyyy quicker than my b7610s hw kb

this was probably my shortest ever owned device! 1 month....! i just threw it out the moment i used the galaxy s!

cheers guys, and really people....move out to the galaxy s or an equivalent android platform....winmo is really prehistoric!

San

After spending so much of your time learning how to cook a B7610 ROM and releasing a ROM, you just ditched it for an Android device...

There are many reasons why Android is better than Winmo or Galaxy S is better than B7610,

But the thing is, the B7610 community needs a push rather than a drag down...

It seems disappointing that you worked hard to learn how to cook a ROM, released a ROM that seems great and proclaim to cook another one that you're boasting maybe the possible best ROM in town...then you just throw it all because another device/OS gave you the conveniences you want...

How about those people who are hoping for your new ROM, who are hoping that with the help of us chefs, our ROMs can make there device better... People who still believes in B7610 and WinMo...

For all blows B7610 and WinMo are taking, there are only a few people here that is doing their best to possibly, and positively, trying to make the device better, not only for themselves but for others too. Well at least you became one of those few people, thank you very much for your time and contributions...

Hope that there are still others there that still believe in B7610, though I do have an Android device now,and I still keep my B7610, and will still to make ROMs until the device is alive and of course, until others believe in it too:rolleyes:

Edited by daskalos

Guest passion_streak
After spending so much of your time learning how to cook a B7610 ROM and releasing a ROM, you just ditched it for an Android device...

There are many reasons why Android is better than Winmo or Galaxy S is better than B7610,

But the thing is, the B7610 community needs a push rather than a drag down...

It seems disappointing that you worked hard to learn how to cook a ROM, released a ROM that seems great and proclaim to cook another one that you're boasting maybe the possible best ROM in town...then you just throw it all because another device/OS gave you the conveniences you want...

How about those people who are hoping for your new ROM, who are hoping that with the help of us chefs, our ROMs can make there device better... People who still believes in B7610 and WinMo...

For all blows B7610 and WinMo are taking, there are only a few people here that is doing their best to possibly, and positively, trying to make the device better, not only for themselves but for others too. Well at least you became one of those few people, thank you very much for your time and contributions...

Hope that there are still others there that still believe in B7610, though I do have an Android device now,and I still keep my B7610, and will still to make ROMs until the device is alive and of course, until others believe in it too:rolleyes:

YES i also think so . Daskalos bro you are 100% correct .. there r few members in forum who likes criticizing B7610 PRO ..i think ur roms & other softwares makes it much better & user friendly .... I M GOIN TO STICK WITH IT , NO MATTERS WHAT OTHER GUYS SAYS