Just cooked a wm6.1 rom, simply the best so far :)

Guest dreamtheater39

Guest dreamtheater39
After spending so much of your time learning how to cook a B7610 ROM and releasing a ROM, you just ditched it for an Android device...

There are many reasons why Android is better than Winmo or Galaxy S is better than B7610,

But the thing is, the B7610 community needs a push rather than a drag down...

It seems disappointing that you worked hard to learn how to cook a ROM, released a ROM that seems great and proclaim to cook another one that you're boasting maybe the possible best ROM in town...then you just throw it all because another device/OS gave you the conveniences you want...

How about those people who are hoping for your new ROM, who are hoping that with the help of us chefs, our ROMs can make there device better... People who still believes in B7610 and WinMo...

For all blows B7610 and WinMo are taking, there are only a few people here that is doing their best to possibly, and positively, trying to make the device better, not only for themselves but for others too. Well at least you became one of those few people, thank you very much for your time and contributions...

Hope that there are still others there that still believe in B7610, though I do have an Android device now,and I still keep my B7610, and will still to make ROMs until the device is alive and of course, until others believe in it too:rolleyes:

hey bro,

i've been the biggest fan of winmo and i've been using windows from the pocket pc days! i started with the xda, xda2, blueangel, htc universal, samsung i780 and then finally the b7610. i always felt winmo was an os which could really be modded beyond imagination - which is why i always preferred winmo.

i always bought another winmo device, mainly because i was extremely fluent using winmo devices - hacking & modding mainly. i've been cooking roms from the xda2 days (when we shifted from wm2003 to wm5 with persistent storage!!!) to my htc universal and then the i780 days. made quite a few roms for the i780 and shared it with the xda community! finally....ended up buying the b7610 thinking it was the best wm6.xx device right now...and didnt bother checking out any other os!

i hate apple, so never an iphone! with android, i had never given it a fair shot - probably due to my fanboism towards winmo in comparison!

it was only after i checked out the galaxy s in full depth, and hands on.....i was sold. i just tossed my b7610 in exchange. i understand the intent in constantly trying to improve it with all effort....but seriously man, after looking at a device with a next gen os like android - i feel its futile to even try. its like putting lipstick over a pig...honestly.

it has been really exciting all along, i must admit....winmo really dominated during the early days - was a true pc in my pocket! but, im sorry m8....microsoft really screwed up big time by sleeping over it all these years.

knowing all of you guys are gadget junkies just like i am myself, i just dont want you guys missing out on the android experience - on a galaxy s (not sure how responsive and awesome it is on other snapdragon devices etc.). make sure you really try it hands on for a good 30-40 minutes....you'll know what i mean. brilliant integration with marketplace - so damn easy to find what u need, simple clicks to install and check out. great communication manager integration, zero fuss!

the galaxy s with android is highly refined, polished and perfected - and at the same time is extremely hackable and moddable! ive totally gone crazy over my galaxy s, a high which i've never experienced in ages....no exaggeration guys, really serious here!

cheers,

San

Guest daskalos

nothing is perfect.... it applies to all, including gadgets....

When you say it's perfect, you're already exaggerating

though I agree you're totally crazy for Android/Galaxy S...

I have tried and used it for some time, and sold it for an Ipad

The thing for gadgets is, as time goes by, there will always be another better one (like the upcoming samsung beam, android with built in projector and 8MP Cam)

Guest new2city

Hi San,

I'm happy for your new purchase of the Galaxy, however also sad as the few of us still using our B7610 has lost another cook. It's a norm in in the gadget world as well as in real life, things always change. However, for the sake of the guys who where waiting to try your 6.1 ROM, you should have at least left us the link to your LAST Win Mo ROM.

Thanks for your previous 6.5 ROM, I'm still using it and am quite satisfied with it. Congrats again on your Galaxy, but some of us(in Malaysia), just can't simply just change phones or even exchange them as it takes us time to save up the cash, note that no network here offer cheap contractual phones.

It's the end of days for B7610 and WinMo, IMHO.

bye.

Guest dreamtheater39

Guys....seriously, stop wasting time on this prehistoric ancient piece of garbage of an os...done with winmo, i feel like i've wasted a year of my life with winmo when android was out there!

until wp7 comes, and matures as a decent os (doubt if MS will really do a good job honestly seeing how crappy winmo6.xx has been)....its android for me!

i cant be more serious people, go get a real os!

-signs out.

Guest mardevi
Guys....seriously, stop wasting time on this prehistoric ancient piece of garbage of an os...done with winmo, i feel like i've wasted a year of my life with winmo when android was out there!

until wp7 comes, and matures as a decent os (doubt if MS will really do a good job honestly seeing how crappy winmo6.xx has been)....its android for me!

i cant be more serious people, go get a real os!

-signs out.

My sun has a HTC Legend with android as OS. Compared with WM it is looks better, but after a couple of weeks of using it I can only say that it isn't perfect yet!

WinMo has its imperfections, but thanks to cooks like Daskalos I now have a device which suits my needs.

Guest demon1221

comparing a htc with android or a samsung with android is not really a good compare i think,

android is much more searching of things and finding it on wierd places hahaha (on the galaxy s)

• 2 weeks later...

What about the no ring delay? I've WinMo 6.1 flashed again but still have a 2,5 - 3 ring delay! How did you solve that problem?

I've disabled samsung dial skin and widget, got Iphone today installed.

• 3 months later...
Guest jappoman

take a look on the fluidC rom from Gnick, avery good 6.1 rom, for taking some ideas :P

then, if you want to release it we surely test it for you :D !