debranding and rebranding

Guest ado1

Removed the orange branding from my desire following the procedure updated to the latest ota 2.1 update 1 now my sim is locked a few questions that im struggling to find answers to.

1. if i pay to unlock my sim will everything work as usual minus the branding.

2. if i update to froyo went its available as my phone still says 2.1 update 1 will that just work or will it lock up again will there be issues(radio)

3. is there a way to put it back to stock are there and orange ruu's as i cant seem to find any

Guest bigdan35
Removed the orange branding from my desire following the procedure updated to the latest ota 2.1 update 1 now my sim is locked a few questions that im struggling to find answers to.

1. if i pay to unlock my sim will everything work as usual minus the branding.

2. if i update to froyo went its available as my phone still says 2.1 update 1 will that just work or will it lock up again will there be issues(radio)

3. is there a way to put it back to stock are there and orange ruu's as i cant seem to find any

Hello mate, I'll give you some answers!

1. If you mean your phone is just locked to Orange, then yes, you can just buy a code and you will be unlocked (so you can use other sims of different networks in your phone).

2. If you've flashed, and it says 2.1 update 1.. You're Rooted, which means you cannot access OTA Updates, so if you want to Flash a new ROM, by all means do so but please please follow guides.

3. Orange RUU's aren't around, which is why you're finding it hard to find one.

Hope this has helped a little :)

thanks for the quick reply and heres me thinking i was only removing the orange branding

1. the problem ive got is im network locked what is my next move

2. which is the best froyo update for an orange (previously) phone

3. im presuming the warranty is now void is there a standard htc firmware/software to install that doesnt void the warranty

thanks

it isnt rooted ive just installed RUU_Bravo_HTC_Europe_1.15.405.3_Radio_32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11_release_121865 using goldcard then updated with ota.

now im simlocked i presume getting the phone unlocked will solve this would new ota's lock the phone again

Guest merlin051
it isnt rooted ive just installed RUU_Bravo_HTC_Europe_1.15.405.3_Radio_32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11_release_121865 using goldcard then updated with ota.

now im simlocked i presume getting the phone unlocked will solve this would new ota's lock the phone again

Unlocking will solve this.

If future otas lock your phone just enter the unlock code again.

It all depends what you want to do, do you want root?

Or do you just want the standard 2.2 Rom which is available via ota?

no im not interested in rooting at the moment ive not long started my contract

i just wanted all the orange stuff off the phone as it was annoying

so when 2.2 is avaiable to me ota i should update, the phone will probably lock use the unlock code again which i will get tomorrow

and there wont be any issues with updating to 2.2 as ive read some horror stories - rebooting every 2 minutes etc

thanks