OFFICIAL FROYO 2.2 ISSUES ON DESIRE - BIG ISSUE!!

Guest androiduser1

Guest androiduser1

So last night, I received a notification for the official Froyo 2.2 OTA update for my Desire. I went ahead and proceeded with the update and everything went smoothly. However, once the phone rebooted and got to the Home screen, it stayed on for two minutes and rebooted itself. And now, it's rebooting itself every two minutes. I need someone's help... DESPERATELY!!

What have I tried...

A - Tried factory reset on the device, but the issue still remains the same and if anything, I think it made it slightly worse.

B - Tried flashing with different stock ROMs using RUU and continues to fails with Device ID errors, etc.

C - Plugged in device into the computer and ADB process does not work due to device not even being recognized.

Issues I cannot get around...

D - Cannot create a Goldcard (at least to my knowledge) because the phone has not been rooted and now cannot be seen to even do ADB process.

E - Connects to HTC Sync and it seems the USB works on the phone, but cannot go further than the Home screen.

F - RUU does not work and cannot downgrade from 2.xx to 1.5xx ROM using RUU.

Somebody please help me. The device I have is a Telstra HTC Desire. However, when I got the device, it had so much bloatware from Telstra that I changed the ROM using RUU_WWE stock ROM.

PAUL - I DESPERATELY NEED YOUR HELP ON WHAT TO DO...

Edited by androiduser1