Apps2SD preparations?

Guest Asselberghs

Guest Asselberghs

Hi Guys:)

So when I wipe my phone and puts MoDaCo´s Costum Rom based on FroYo on my phone I´ve heard some talk about needing an ext3 partition on my phone if I want Apps2SD to work. Is this correct? and that apps on the SD card can only be placed on this partition.

Well I know ext3 is a disc partition type like NTFS and FAT32 but for Linux.

Normally on Linux, I am sitting in ubuntu at work, I can play music files and display pictures and what not.

Can I then just backup my SD card, format it with ext3, put everything back on and everything will work, it will display my pictures, play my music and store my camera shots on SD card if I want it to. Or do I need to slice it up in two partitions? one, whatever format it is now for media files, and one for Apps on SD card?

Kind Regards

Nick Asselberghs

Guest kayceejayh

Backup the stuff on your Memory Card, Get ROM Manager, Partition with 512Mb EXT an 0Mb Swap and it'll reboot and do the partitioning exactly as it should, now you're ready to install an A2SD ready ROM :)

Guest Asselberghs

512MB is that all I need?

So I guess this mean it can´t be done mixing media and apps on the same partition on the entire card?

Guest bigruss

the apps go on the EXT3 via app2SD, media, music etc stays on the normal FAT partition (so can still be read by windows as usb drive). very clever I think.

Guest DragosP

Or, if you have AmonRA Recovery shutdown the phone, power up with vol down and power, and do all the partitions there (fat32 first, ext2 or ext3 second).

Guest Asselberghs
Or, if you have AmonRA Recovery shutdown the phone, power up with vol down and power, and do all the partitions there (fat32 first, ext2 or ext3 second).

I don´t have that I use Clockwork Recovery Mod