Help to remove o2 splash screen after Froyo update

Guest Vomityspice

Guest Vomityspice

I originally had an O2 branded HTC Desire that I updated the Radio and Installed Froyo (Modaco r5 Rom )

However, I still have the O2 splash screen at bootup! Although the animated screen has been changed to the HTC one.

How do i do it?

Edited by Vomityspice

Guest bushbrother
I originally had an O2 branded HTC Desire that I updated the Radio and Installed Froyo (Modaco r5 Rom )

However, I still have the O2 splash screen at bootup! Although the animated screen has been chaned to the HTC one.

How do i do it?

I have the same, I posted on XDA forums and was told that there was a way, but pretty complex. I am not really knowledgeable with this stuff, but I guess its in some other memory space than where the ROM is flashed?

Guest trstn

Is your device rooted? I ask as I lost the o2 bubble went I rooted mine, no idea how - it just went. Hasn't come back with any updates since.

I'd suggest wiping and using the r7 froyo rom that's just come out and see what happens, might solve it, but you'd lose all your info of course

Guest Vomityspice
Is your device rooted? I ask as I lost the o2 bubble went I rooted mine, no idea how - it just went. Hasn't come back with any updates since.

I'd suggest wiping and using the r7 froyo rom that's just come out and see what happens, might solve it, but you'd lose all your info of course

I rooted using Unrevoked and then installed the custom ROM.

I did lose the bubble animation when I installed Modaco r5 but I still see the o2 splash screen when I reboot.

I don't have access the r7 at the moment so not sure / convinced that this will change it?

Does anyone one know were the splash screen is stored? I have root explorer so could possibly just delete the offending picture file.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Collide
I rooted using Unrevoked and then installed the custom ROM.

I did lose the bubble animation when I installed Modaco r5 but I still see the o2 splash screen when I reboot.

I don't have access the r7 at the moment so not sure / convinced that this will change it?

Does anyone one know were the splash screen is stored? I have root explorer so could possibly just delete the offending picture file.

I have the same prob, I assume the splash is hardcoded into the bootloader somewhere, I read somewhere about downgrading or changing your bootloader but I think its risky, Im hoping there is a simpler solution so i dont have to attempt anything like that.

I am running the r8 froyo so trying r7 prob wont solve this, hope this prevenyted you wiping:)

Edited by Collide

Guest tatey2457
I have the same prob, I assume the splash is hardcoded into the bootloader somewhere, I read somewhere about downgrading or changing your bootloader but I think its risky, Im hoping there is a simpler solution so i dont have to attempt anything like that.

I am running the r8 froyo so trying r7 prob wont solve this, hope this prevenyted you wiping:)

To debrand just unroot and do the process again using Pauls method with linux...thats how I did my T-mobile branded Desire