Facebook Contact Problem

Guest bigdan35

Guest bigdan35

Well, I know about 95% of the questions at the moment are going to involve the new Froyo OTA question, so if someone can answer this I'd appreciate it lots.

Basically.. I installed the new Facebook app from the Market, and I synced my contacts (maybe it happened before that, I don't really know) but for some reason, it's come up with over 1700 contacts.. All the same people, just with lots saying "com.facebook.auth.login" when I go in to a specific contact.. For example, I've synced most of my contacts with Google aswell, which looks like the image I've uploaded..

But why is there 4x com.facebook.auth.login there? There really shouldn't be 1.. And is there any way to get rid of them?

Dan

post-731255-1281049389_thumb.jpg

Guest z7x8c9
Well, I know about 95% of the questions at the moment are going to involve the new Froyo OTA question, so if someone can answer this I'd appreciate it lots.

Basically.. I installed the new Facebook app from the Market, and I synced my contacts (maybe it happened before that, I don't really know) but for some reason, it's come up with over 1700 contacts.. All the same people, just with lots saying "com.facebook.auth.login" when I go in to a specific contact.. For example, I've synced most of my contacts with Google aswell, which looks like the image I've uploaded..

But why is there 4x com.facebook.auth.login there? There really shouldn't be 1.. And is there any way to get rid of them?

Dan

I'm having the same freakin problem... It's driving me nuts... I've uninstalled facebook, clear data from people app, disable facebook sync... nothing works...

Guest bigdan35

Just had a dabble in messing around with the settings, and deleted Facebook and Facebook for HTC Sense in "Accounts and Sync" in "Settings", then just signed in with Facebook again, seemed to have worked and I don't get it anymore.. But it does say that I have 0 Facebook contacts now, but I can actually cope with that!

Guest z7x8c9
Just had a dabble in messing around with the settings, and deleted Facebook and Facebook for HTC Sense in "Accounts and Sync" in "Settings", then just signed in with Facebook again, seemed to have worked and I don't get it anymore.. But it does say that I have 0 Facebook contacts now, but I can actually cope with that!

I just removed Facebook sync from Accounts & Sync and I can confirm I have 0 Facebook contacts... better than 1000... i guess... i just wanted the photos from contacts...

EDIT: Did a "sync all" and now the number of facebook contacts matches the number of facebook friends... but still no contacts photos...

Edited by z7x8c9

Guest bigdan35
I just removed Facebook sync from Accounts & Sync and I can confirm I have 0 Facebook contacts... better than 1000... i guess... i just wanted the photos from contacts...

EDIT: Did a "sync all" and now the number of facebook contacts matches the number of facebook friends... but still no contacts photos...

Same mate, my only problem is that I want to have the contact photos showing up in Handcent, that's my one and only desire on my Desire!

Though I've got most (if not all) the photos up, they just don't show up in Handcent.

Dan