Something seriously screwed up...

Guest tetris15

Guest tetris15

I have been using paul's r5 without a problem, today I decided to upgrade to r7...

After I cooked my rom with the default options except a2sd+ enabled, flashed it on the phone,

which was rooted with unrevoked3 (ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.0.1).

When it finished I partitioned my sdcard and rebooted but it was stuck at the HTC quietly brilliant screen.

(I have cleaned all the data/cache/dalvik etc)

When I flashed it again, the only thing changed is that it went to a reboot loop at the brilliant screen.

I decided to cook another ROM without a2sd+ (so basicly its totally default), then I flashed it.

This is the part where the problems started.

The phone boots up finely, BUT it does not recognize the SD card at all, not even in the fastboot/clockworkmod menus.

While the OS running USB is not working at all, in the HBOOT menu it says "HBOOT USB PLUG" when I plug in the cable,

but when I enter the recovery (clockworkmod) menu with the USB cable inserted it just restarts the phone...

Someone please tell me what is the easiest solulion to this?

Thanks.

*UPDATE*

When I plug in the usb in the clockworkmod recovery menu, first it says USB device cannot be recognized.

When I pull out and plug in again, sometimes recovery-windows.bat finds the device and enters the android recovery menu with the triangle...

Any chance the USB-MS toggle option caused this? Accidently pushed it once, buggy menu...

Edited by tetris15

Guest smumford
I have been using paul's r5 without a problem, today I decided to upgrade to r7...

After I cooked my rom with the default options except a2sd+ enabled, flashed it on the phone,

which was rooted with unrevoked3 (ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.0.1).

When it finished I partitioned my sdcard and rebooted but it was stuck at the HTC quietly brilliant screen.

(I have cleaned all the data/cache/dalvik etc)

When I flashed it again, the only thing changed is that it went to a reboot loop at the brilliant screen.

I decided to cook another ROM without a2sd+ (so basicly its totally default), then I flashed it.

This is the part where the problems started.

The phone boots up finely, BUT it does not recognize the SD card at all, not even in the fastboot/clockworkmod menus.

While the OS running USB is not working at all, in the HBOOT menu it says "HBOOT USB PLUG" when I plug in the cable,

but when I enter the recovery (clockworkmod) menu with the USB cable inserted it just restarts the phone...

Someone please tell me what is the easiest solulion to this?

Thanks.

*UPDATE*

When I plug in the usb in the clockworkmod recovery menu, first it says USB device cannot be recognized.

When I pull out and plug in again, sometimes recovery-windows.bat finds the device and enters the android recovery menu with the triangle...

Any chance the USB-MS toggle option caused this? Accidently pushed it once, buggy menu...

I had a similar problem caused by formatting the card, which I did before applying the update, which would not allow it to install. eventually slved by reformatting it a couple of times from the format option in the settings menu.

I would suggest either

1. if you have a nandroid backup of R5, I would restore that and use the format card option in their to try and fix the card, or ROM manager from the marketplace (although I have found this not very good at partitioning the card, other users seem to like it). Then try and reinstall R7.

2. boot into the recovery menu and try the mount SD card options their and maybe format on your PC if it will mount OK (FAT32!!!) or use recovery-windows.bat and use the partition options their.

3. Use a new SD card.

Good Luck

Guest tetris15
I had a similar problem caused by formatting the card, which I did before applying the update, which would not allow it to install. eventually slved by reformatting it a couple of times from the format option in the settings menu.

I would suggest either

1. if you have a nandroid backup of R5, I would restore that and use the format card option in their to try and fix the card, or ROM manager from the marketplace (although I have found this not very good at partitioning the card, other users seem to like it). Then try and reinstall R7.

2. boot into the recovery menu and try the mount SD card options their and maybe format on your PC if it will mount OK (FAT32!!!) or use recovery-windows.bat and use the partition options their.

3. Use a new SD card.

Good Luck

I have 3 SD cards, none working.

I cannot format it or do anything to it from the clockworkmod menu, it says

E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0 for /dev/block/mmcblk0p1)

(no such file or directory)

Error mounting /sdcard/!

Skipping format...

And since it does not see any of my SD cards I am also unable to restore my r5 backup made in nandroid...

What I am able to do is boot into Froyo and do anything in terminal with root or use adb commands on pc while in clockworkmodmenu on the phone...

I am devastated, no idea what to do :)

When I succesfully connect clockworkmod via usb -> pc (only works the second time, first time it says unknown usb device), it doesn't see my sd cards either... :D

Edited by tetris15

Guest tetris15

D:\!Android\!USB-FIX\r6-desire-root-alt>step1-windows.bat

Desire Root Step 1

Erasing cache and rebooting in RUU mode...

erasing 'cache'... FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))

... FAILED (status read failed (Unknown error))

About to start flash...

sending 'zip' (138708 KB)... FAILED (command write failed (No such file or direc

tory))

< waiting for device >

sending 'zip' (138708 KB)... FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))

Rebooting to bootloader...

rebooting into bootloader...

At this part a black screen shows up with HTC and its stuck there...

Probably not able to write to the SD card since it does not see it?

Guest Dr_Ash
D:\!Android\!USB-FIX\r6-desire-root-alt>step1-windows.bat

Desire Root Step 1

Erasing cache and rebooting in RUU mode...

erasing 'cache'... FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))

... FAILED (status read failed (Unknown error))

About to start flash...

sending 'zip' (138708 KB)... FAILED (command write failed (No such file or direc

tory))

< waiting for device >

sending 'zip' (138708 KB)... FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))

Rebooting to bootloader...

rebooting into bootloader...

At this part a black screen shows up with HTC and its stuck there...

Probably not able to write to the SD card since it does not see it?

there is a way to enable the SD card function with a fastboot command before you run that process..... have you tried doing this first..

"2. Enable the SD Card functionality. Boot your phone in FASTBOOT mode (back + power), and enter this command: 'fastboot oem enableqxdm 0' . This will re-enable your SD card."

EDIT - on second thoughts I don't think that first step is dependent on SD card functionality.....

Edited by Dr_Ash

Guest tetris15
there is a way to enable the SD card function with a fastboot command before you run that process..... have you tried doing this first..

"2. Enable the SD Card functionality. Boot your phone in FASTBOOT mode (back + power), and enter this command: 'fastboot oem enableqxdm 0' . This will re-enable your SD card."

EDIT - on second thoughts I don't think that first step is dependent on SD card functionality.....

I tried that:

fastboot oem enableqxdm 0

... FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))

:)

Guest tetris15
I'm totally out of ideas...

:)

Oh well, "(Too many links)" fixed by using a new nokia microusb cable...

HTC cable seemed to be faulty...

If you are having a similar problem, try another usb cable immidiately...