ANDROID 2.1 T-MO UK UPDATE

Guest mr.a

Guest Simon O
Well, I'm glad to now be in a position where I can stop propagating that particular piece of misinformation. :) That is AWESOME "news".

Found it now. Taken from http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...online-kitchen/

"Includes the MoDaCo Custom Kernel, which adds automatic compcache, swap support, EXT3/4 support and much more!"

I want all those features in a .29 kernel now :D

Guest DanWilson
Found it now. Taken from http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...online-kitchen/

"Includes the MoDaCo Custom Kernel, which adds automatic compcache, swap support, EXT3/4 support and much more!"

I want all those features in a .29 kernel now :)

Well then Flib, you could spend those donations on Ad-Free and ask Paul, I'm sure he'd agree :D

Guest david_dawkins

I want all those features in a .29 kernel now :)

I didn't realize that meant he'd recompiled it from source; I thought it was adding bits into init.rc etc and repackaging. Now I know!

Guest darkdevil1

Uuuuh, this sounds promising, especially after your reply about it being better than the HU one, Fibble.

Can't wait for your new FLB version :) :D

Guest Rem1x

2 hour android stream over :)

Some how ended up on android 2.2, go figure.

edit: android 2.1 back on, thanks guys :D

Edited by Rem1x

Guest Simon O
I didn't realize that meant he'd recompiled it from source; I thought it was adding bits into init.rc etc and repackaging. Now I know!

Yeah, the kernel doesn't have support for those by default so they need to be compiled in.

Guest Totyasrác
I will base future versions on the UK rom.

I tell you what though this ROM is way better than the Hungarian ROM, and that's with all the T-Mobile crap. It feels much smoother and a lot more responsive. Actually feels like FLB-Mod with the t-mobile theming and launcher... hmm :)

So after some flibble-tailoring is done it will kick some .ss, won't it? :D

if i didnt follow it , i wouldnt be asking for it on this forum. i tried flashing it and fails with some permission errors. before applying this, i actually rooted the rom so... i dont knoe if anybody can help out here.

Guest whackster
if i didnt follow it , i wouldnt be asking for it on this forum. i tried flashing it and fails with some permission errors. before applying this, i actually rooted the rom so... i dont knoe if anybody can help out here.

Ok, sorry, but you didn't say what the problem was... That's the official darktremor a2sd and it works with the Pulse, I don't know why it doesn't work for you.

What recovery are you using?

i used both clokworkmod and amon_ra but both fail...

this is the error that i get

E: cant chown/mod /system/bin/fixa2sd

(no such file or directory)

E:failure t line 140:

set_perm 0 0 0777 SYSTEM:bin/fixa2sd

install aborted

Guest Simon O
i used both clokworkmod and amon_ra but both fail...

this is the error that i get

E: cant chown/mod /system/bin/fixa2sd

(no such file or directory)

E:failure t line 140:

set_perm 0 0 0777 SYSTEM:bin/fixa2sd

install aborted

the files didn't get copied which will be due to running out of space on the system partition. Are you trying to add a2sd to the UK 2.1 rom?

the files didn't get copied which will be due to running out of space on the system partition. Are you trying to add a2sd to the UK 2.1 rom?

yes, because i think that this is as smooth as flb-mod + plus i like the canvas launcher :)

Guest Totyasrác
yes, because i think that this is as smooth as flb-mod + plus i like the canvas launcher :D

NOTHING is as smooth as FLB, man...

:)

Guest Totyasrác
I am currently running the December update and I've never modded my Pulse in any way. Should I install this update?

Then you are using the official 1.5 Android based ROM. If you are satistfied with that (and not using any app from market that are not supporting 1.5 any more) then you don't have to.

However if you want to go for 2.1 (mainly for app support reasons) then go for this one first (it has to be done if you wanna use either official 2.1 or any custom ROMs from MoDaCo).

Edited by Totyasrác