Upgrade from MCR R3 to R7 Froyo.

Guest PavanT

Guest PavanT

Hi i am currently using Modaco Custom Rom R3.1 . I would like to upgrade to 06/Aug r7 WIP - MoDaCo Custom ROM. Do i still follow the same process of

# Unzip the file you downloaded to a directory, then open a command prompt / terminal window at that directory.

# Copy the 'update.zip' file to your microSD. Do NOT rename it.

# Turn off your HTC Desire, then turn it back on with the 'back' button held down. You'll see 'FASTBOOT' written on the screen in a red box. Connect the phone to the computer.

# In the terminal window, enter either 'step1-windows.bat', './step1-mac.sh' or './step1-linux.sh' as appropriate.

# Navigate to the 'BOOTLOADER' and then 'RECOVERY' option on the menu, using the volume buttons to move and the power button to select.

# When a black screen appears with a red triangle, press and hold 'Volume Up' then tap 'Power'.

# Your device should now be at the 'recovery' screen. Select the 'wipe data/factory reset' option, then select the option to 'Apply sdcard:update.zip'. This will take a little while, so go make a nice cup of tea. When the flash has finished, reboot, and you are DONE!

sorry i am not really savvy with using fake-flash. So i am okay with taking the longer route to get this task completed.

Thanks in advance.

Guest Jasperov

If your phone is already rooted then why would you need to do the whole process again? Just copy the update.zip and flash from the recovery screen?