Borked Recovery Image

Guest Thomas55

Guest Thomas55

Well i just received my shiny new HTC desire earlier and ive already broke it..

The device came with hboot-0.83.0001 and i attempted to root it with unrevoked3, the phone works and is rooted however the recovery image is borked. It just has a black screen, nothing loads onto it and i have to take the battery out to restart.

So anyone have any ideas?

Also does anyone know how to tell which screen i have?

Guest pete.major
Well i just received my shiny new HTC desire earlier and ive already broke it..

The device came with hboot-0.83.0001 and i attempted to root it with unrevoked3, the phone works and is rooted however the recovery image is borked. It just has a black screen, nothing loads onto it and i have to take the battery out to restart.

So anyone have any ideas?

Also does anyone know how to tell which screen i have?

Ummm, I think this is the same issue I'm having in the post right below you:

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...atmates-desire/

Black screen, right?

Are you on Voda by chance? I wonder if it's because the phone has the SLCD rather than the AMOLED screen?

Guest Tymmy Dee

Another victim right here. Rooted the Vodafone 0.83 with unrevoked. Recovery is black. I think it is there but just cannot see it. I managed to do a Rom backup (nandroid) using Rom manager. Have not tried flashing a Rom. The desire in question does not belong to me.

Any one attempted to flash a newer Rom using Rom manager? A gold card may be required?

Guest Thomas55

Hold on, im orange and mine was unbranded.

Everything seems to be working apart from the recovery image, the main system boots up just fine.

Guest SavageCore
Hold on, im orange and mine was unbranded.

Everything seems to be working apart from the recovery image, the main system boots up just fine.

Orange and unbranded as well.

Guest Vistrix

I've been having similar problems. I'm also with Vodafone and have a hboot-0.83.0001.

Although when I boot into recovery mode, I have a white HTC screen instead. It freezes there and I have to take the battery out in order to restart the phone...

Guest Thomas55

I managed to fix with the link in the other thread to HTCs updater. I then tried to root with the method described on this forum, i just got a black screen whatever i tried after step 1. I was worrying i had bricked it but HTCs updater fixed it again. The strange thing is it made the sound on startup suggesting the device was working but the screen was not.

Both attempts at rooting have shook me up a bit and im tempted to just take a OTA update to froyo.

Guest SavageCore
I managed to fix with the link in the other thread to HTCs updater. I then tried to root with the method described on this forum, i just got a black screen whatever i tried after step 1. I was worrying i had bricked it but HTCs updater fixed it again. The strange thing is it made the sound on startup suggesting the device was working but the screen was not.

Both attempts at rooting have shook me up a bit and im tempted to just take a OTA update to froyo.

I was considering this although my phone even though it's unbranded still says no update. But I assume you can get a RUU?

If you installed it would it then update to HBOOT 0.92? Which could be downgraded and then rooted?

Strangly I can do some root features but no recovery. ShootMe works, battle.net authenticator asks for super user then gives warning that it could be dangerous running it on a rooted phone. But Titanium Backup won't work and I cannot mod system files.