[ROM] Xian (LiquidF) v1.2a [11/1/2010] - CM 6.1.0-RC - MIUI 11.05

Guest xian1243

Guest m3allak
if you are having gps problem, you can try using gps.conf I am using. http://pastebin.com/LLeNeSpr

save as gps.conf and then push it to the device using adb

adb remount

adb push gps.conf /system/etc/gps.conf

Hy,

First of all, thank you for the ROM i really like it and may keep it as all days ROM

But i use Navigation everyday, and localisation fails even after changing gps.conf??

Any suggestion??

Thanks

Guest koudelka
Hy,

First of all, thank you for the ROM i really like it and may keep it as all days ROM

But i use Navigation everyday, and localisation fails even after changing gps.conf??

Any suggestion??

Thanks

You are unable to get location in google maps even after changing gps.conf? I have noticed that weather widgets seems to have some problem asking the system for location (with or without gps) I have not found why that is yet (it was working for me at first, but now seems to have stopped).

I will see if I can find some solution, but currently my time is limited :)

Guest CedricGatay
if you are having gps problem, you can try using gps.conf I am using. http://pastebin.com/LLeNeSpr

save as gps.conf and then push it to the device using adb

adb remount

adb push gps.conf /system/etc/gps.conf

That's the file I gave you via IRC, but I think there is nothing in common with gsm cell positionning. It works well under frf91 with the same gps.conf and no luck under CM6 (yours or xian's one)

Guest m3allak
You are unable to get location in google maps even after changing gps.conf? I have noticed that weather widgets seems to have some problem asking the system for location (with or without gps) I have not found why that is yet (it was working for me at first, but now seems to have stopped).

I will see if I can find some solution, but currently my time is limited :D

EDIT : Changed it a second time (I deleted empty lines in the file) and now it seems to be working (It takes more time to load position but it works anyway :)

Thanks for your reactivity

Guest koudelka
That's the file I gave you via IRC, but I think there is nothing in common with gsm cell positionning. It works well under frf91 with the same gps.conf and no luck under CM6 (yours or xian's one)

ah yes sorry. But I think it does indeed seem like it is using gsm cell position when you are using gps in google maps. I first get a large area that becomes smaller as it gets real gps fix not just celltower. That being said, it seems that widgets and others that is asking the system for last location or location information and not want full gps data are having some trouble. I havent found why yet though :)

Guest koudelka
I'll dig into code to see where it goes :)

it is also possible that i am completely wrong :D I cant say I know much how gps and location works in android :D

Guest Waspinator
So any idea on why 1/2 the RAM disappears on the Liquid E?

Does the ROM just not detect it?

I would guess that they have the 'mem=256' argument in the boot options. They'll probably just need to change it to 'mem=512' for the Liquid E.

Guest mmkim
Something wrong with HTC handwriting? :D

in v05,HTC handwriting chineses input method can use now. :)

and can install & use acer handwriting input method. :D

Guest Charlton22
So any idea on why 1/2 the RAM disappears on the Liquid E?

Does the ROM just not detect it?

Welcome to the Acer Liquid Club without E lol :)

Guest xaueious
Welcome to the Acer Liquid Club without E lol :)

It's a kernel bug.

And not really half our RAM is missing. Only 128MB of it.

We might beg for a fix later, but right now that's not a priority.

But this is the main reason why I'm not migrating over to any Froyo ROMs yet.

Edited by xaueious

Guest black_dez

Excuse my bad English. When installing XianKoud v0.5 is an error:

E:Can't symlink /system/xbin/netstat

E:Failure at line 100:

symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/netstat

Please, suggest what to do?

Guest Elisha82
It's a kernel bug.

And not really half our RAM is missing. Only 128MB of it.

We might beg for a fix later, but right now that's not a priority.

But this is the main reason why I'm not migrating over to any Froyo ROMs yet.

Almost half the available ram. I normally get 275mb free now I get just under 150mb.

Guest marcolino123

Yes!!!That is my new everyday rom!! :) WOW, good work to all the dev..if there will be camera, this rom will became perfect :D :D

Guest Elisha82
And better battery life. I'm losing about 5%/hour (maybe even more) when phone is in sleep mode (no data network, no gps)

Have you tried Juice Defender?

And you can add a Profile to Set CPU for when the screen is off to the lowest cpu speed.

Guest Dona'

Yes I'm using SetCPU and my profiles are pretty agressive. (When sleeping : 245 min 245 max MHz ...).

But I don't know what Juice Defender is. I'm on holiday in Italy atm so I can't download it :).

Guest Elisha82
Yes I'm using SetCPU and my profiles are pretty agressive. (When sleeping : 245 min 245 max MHz ...).

But I don't know what Juice Defender is. I'm on holiday in Italy atm so I can't download it :).

It kind of regulates everything else by turning of 3G when in sleep mode and so on.

Guest boostnek9

But I don't know what Juice Defender is. I'm on holiday in Italy atm so I can't download it :D.

I wouldnt use that...

SETCPU poles your phone every 5 seconds when a profile is activated..it actually uses more battery life

Xian said it first :)

Guest Elisha82
I wouldnt use that...

SETCPU poles your phone every 5 seconds when a profile is activated..it actually uses more battery life

Xian said it first :)

It's not smart enough to know the screen is off?

Guest boostnek9
It's not smart enough to know the screen is off?

how is it supposed to know without poling? is it supposed to just know?

where do you think it's getting it's knowledge? :)

Guest Elisha82
how is it supposed to know without poling? is it supposed to just know?

where do you think it's getting it's knowledge? :)

Lol good point! :D