How do I create an update.zip

Guest ianm2k4

Guest ianm2k4

OK I have been trying to create a signed zip that contains an apk. So I assume I must sign the apk then zipalign it then make the zip, sign it and zipalign the zip file. When I do this i get a Verification error when I try to flash it.

Steps I do are;

1 create the folder structure

2 create the apk using apkbuilder

3 sign the apk with jarsigner

4 zipalign the apk

5 zip up the whole update

6 sign the zip with jarsigner

7 zipalign the zip

try to flash it and it fails.

I am using windows xp and a version of zip that doesn't add the directories.

Questions are.

Is this correct way to do this?

What tools should I be using. I have looked across xda and tried some suggestions but I cannot make the signed zip flash?

Help?

Guest FatherD
OK I have been trying to create a signed zip that contains an apk. So I assume I must sign the apk then zipalign it then make the zip, sign it and zipalign the zip file. When I do this i get a Verification error when I try to flash it.

Steps I do are;

1 create the folder structure

2 create the apk using apkbuilder

3 sign the apk with jarsigner

4 zipalign the apk

5 zip up the whole update

6 sign the zip with jarsigner

7 zipalign the zip

try to flash it and it fails.

I am using windows xp and a version of zip that doesn't add the directories.

Questions are.

Is this correct way to do this?

What tools should I be using. I have looked across xda and tried some suggestions but I cannot make the signed zip flash?

Help?

Speaking from very little experience .. and might be teaching you to suck eggs .. but, I think you have to make sure that there is no compression when you zip the the whole update! But you probably knew that!? :)

Guest squrl

No need to zipalign the *.zip file, and it CAN be compressed. You're just missing the update-script.

META-INF\com\google\android\update-script

show_progress 0.1 0

delete SYSTEM:app/somefile.apk

show_progress 0.1 5

copy_dir PACKAGE:system SYSTEM:

show_progress 0.1 10

Edited by squrl

Guest ianm2k4

I had the update-script already. The problem is that it says verification error when I try to flash the zip. I have found a set of certificates online that work its just mine dont.

Its something to do with the way I am creating the certificate files but I have followed the instructions at

http://www.londatiga.net/it/how-to-sign-apk-zip-files/

and still no joy. I would like to know where I am going wrong.

Guest squrl

Sorry you didn't mention the update script in the first post, so I though maybe you haven't one. Under which OS are you signing?

I have attached testsign.jar, which I use for signing. Usage is following: java -jar testsign.jar inputfilename.apk outputfilename.apk

Give it a try :)

testsign.zip

Guest ianm2k4
Sorry you didn't mention the update script in the first post, so I though maybe you haven't one. Under which OS are you signing?

I have attached testsign.jar, which I use for signing. Usage is following: java -jar testsign.jar inputfilename.apk outputfilename.apk

Give it a try :)

Hi

I am using windows xp oh and thanks I will try it

Edited by ianm2k4