New to the desire, rooting and installing latest rom

Guest RaRa Rossini

Guest RaRa Rossini

Hi all sorry if this has been asked before but im new to modaco and dont really know where to start. I have recently got hold of a HTC Desire. I didnt root it at first and thought I would be happy with it stock but as one of many people out there without knowing any better I got stung with the Vodafone update. I hated it and was pi$$ed off. So I decided to root my phone with the intensions of retoring it to a stock 2.2 rom. Now I have been playing i have flashed my phone with MoDaCo Custom rom r5 for the HTC desire 2.2 I want to stay rooted but not sure what the best rom to use is.

What I want to know it what the lastest rom is (think its r7) and is there a forum the all the roms are updated in that are easy to find. (used to have a HTC Hero and used villianrom forums they were easy to find updates).

Also do these roms feature the ota updates or not.

what is the best method for installing now roms.

Is it best to do full wipe first or can i just upgrade ie.... from r5 to r7.

Thanks for your help in advanced

Rossini

Guest Asselberghs
Hi all sorry if this has been asked before but im new to modaco and dont really know where to start. I have recently got hold of a HTC Desire. I didnt root it at first and thought I would be happy with it stock but as one of many people out there without knowing any better I got stung with the Vodafone update. I hated it and was pi$$ed off. So I decided to root my phone with the intensions of retoring it to a stock 2.2 rom. Now I have been playing i have flashed my phone with MoDaCo Custom rom r5 for the HTC desire 2.2 I want to stay rooted but not sure what the best rom to use is.

What I want to know it what the lastest rom is (think its r7) and is there a forum the all the roms are updated in that are easy to find. (used to have a HTC Hero and used villianrom forums they were easy to find updates).

Also do these roms feature the ota updates or not.

what is the best method for installing now roms.

Is it best to do full wipe first or can i just upgrade ie.... from r5 to r7.

Thanks for your help in advanced

Rossini

Alright here goes m8.

First off your rooted thats good:) and you are running r5 thats awsome.

If you want to play around with more roms go here XDA

In my opinion r5 is the best rom out there now until Paul finishes r7 which will be based on the official HTC update to Android Froyo (2.2) but as it is currently WIP (work in progress) I would advice you to wait.

r5 was an early version of the OTA update to froyo, but you can never take an OTA from HTC anymore without risking to brick your phone, r7 when it´s done will be an optimized version of the official HTC Desire update to android 2.2 froyo.

Paul says that in general you can just directly update your rom, but if you experience problems you ought to wipe your phone and install it again and see if the problem persists before reporting.

I´d just advice you to note down what apps you got on your phone, wipe it, install the new rom, and reinstall stuff. Or do a Titanium backup maybe. (haven´t done that myself yet, even though I have the paid version of titanium backup, I´ll just do a backup once the r7 is running smoothly on my phone)

I hope this answered your questions:)