GT540 Sounds

Guest tabby1471

Guest tabby1471

I love this phone, but it has one irritating feature that is driving me crazy.

While I'm writing a text I get a sound on every letter I press. I dont want a sound. I've been into the sound settings and the only option I'm able to find is to select the sound to use. There doesnt appear to be an option to disable the sound.

Is there a way of turning the sound off?

Atm I couldn't text in secret even if I wanted to. The sound gives it away when I type :)

Many thanks for viewing my question.

Guest PhilipBerovo

While I'm writing a text I get a sound on every letter I press. I dont want a sound. I've been into the sound settings and the only option I'm able to find is to select the sound to use. There doesnt appear to be an option to disable the sound.

Atm I couldn't text in secret even if I wanted to. The sound gives it away when I type :)

there is in sound manu an otion to turn vibration and sound off when u type and when u normal touch the phone

Guest DanWilson

Go to Settings, Language & Keyboard, select whichever keyboard you are using (Android Keyboard?) and deselect "Sound on keypress".

Solved. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tabby1471
Go to Settings, Language & Keyboard, select whichever keyboard you are using (Android Keyboard?) and deselect "Sound on keypress".

Solved. :huh:

Thanks for reply. There actually isnt an option for keyboard in the settings. But today by pure chance I found out how to stop the sound.

When you are messaging. At the bottom left of the keyboard there is a tool icon. Press that and it offers you "edit settings". I hit that and "hey presto". Loads of options including decativate keyboard sounds.

I just love this phone ;)

• 1 month later...

I have the Optimus too and have never had this at all. The touch screen is silent